Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.RuntimeException: You are not allowed to view this configuration item or this may have bee

Highlighted
Koijam Baleshwo
Regular Collector

java.lang.RuntimeException: You are not allowed to view this configuration item or this may have bee

Hi all,

I am maintaining an application for automatic ticket assigning developed using the web api. For some of the configuration Items that comes with the service calls, the tool is not able to assign the ticket. the exception thrown is :
java.lang.RuntimeException: You are not allowed to view this configuration item or this may have been deleted by another user.

But i am able to assign the tickets with such configuration items manually. The issues accurs only when trying to assign using the tool, could anyone help me on this.?

Thanks in advance.
Koijam
3 REPLIES
Gurevich

Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: You are not allowed to view this configuration item or this may have bee

1) try this tool with your credentials (login/password) - may be it`s just role permissions problem
2) check if that CI`s has "blocked" status
Koijam Baleshwo
Regular Collector

Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: You are not allowed to view this configuration item or this may have bee

Hi,

you mentioned something about" Blocked ci", how can i find whether the ci is blocked or not.? with the loin credentails, i guess there is no issue with the one i am using.
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

What user and what role has assigned this application you are using?

Find out what role is and then edit that role, go to attributes tab and check that it has at least VIEW permissions for Configuration Item.

If you can manually assign the tickets, then it is probably because the account you use to test manually has assigned a different role.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event