The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected EOF problem in SD 4.5

Highlighted
LanaS
Collector

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected EOF problem in SD 4.5

Hi Guys,

I'm having this problem.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected EOF.
I searched in this forum, and found out that I should rename or delete views.dat or user.dat.

What should I do exactly? rename both or delete both? or just one of them? which solution is preferable?

Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES
Alexander Kriku
Frequent Visitor

Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected EOF problem in SD 4.5

hi

client cache and *.dat files are usually located at the folder
c:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk\

delete the folder "cache"
delete the folder "log"
rename views.dat to views.dat.old
delete all the remaining *.dat files

and then run the sd_client again
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Hi LanaS,

views.DAT => contains all the views that you see available in your client, including your own customized views.

If you have not created/customized any views, then you can safely delete this file, it will be recreated next time you open your SD client.

If you have customized views, then it is better to rename it or copy it to another location, keep it as a backup, then when your SD client work again restore the file, if you have the same error again, then unfortunately the error was caused because a corruption in this file, and you will have to recreate your views again.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Gurevich

Don`t forget *.atb.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event