Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

insertion field in service page

Highlighted
Robin Goel
Respected Contributor.

insertion field in service page

hey
i wanna to insert one field in service page.I wanna that when our clients log on service page than organization field update automatically according to their login name.By which we can identify them.how can i do it?
5 REPLIES
steven_160
Super Contributor.

Re: insertion field in service page

hi robin,

any fields to hv on service pages u need to do the java coding.

and in ur case u need to do coding on createservicecall.jsp and then save the same in saveservicecall.jsp

thanks for any points

HTH

steven
Robin Goel
Respected Contributor.

hey
how can i do coding for that field
is here any guide or documentation for that if yes plz tell me
Gerry Allardice
Outstanding Contributor.

You need no special coding for this as its standard functionaliy if you have the correct data loaded. The Caller's person record is linked to their organisation and the Service Pages login. In This case the caller and their organisation is filled automatically.
Ramaprasad N
Outstanding Contributor.

Just go through the Web-API and it's related documentation. I am not a programmer, but as far as I can understand, with a little hardwork, one can do such minor changes to the UI with a good understanding of WEB-APIs.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Robin,

we removed this field from the createservciecall.jsp file and left /added it to the vieweditsevicecall.jsp as it was automatically populating once we have the person records correctly updated with the correct organisation.