Did you mean: 

inbound email config

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
jconsola20
Occasional Visitor

inbound email config

I am attempting to configure inbound email on SD 4.5 sp18. I created a service call template with all the mandatory fields filled in. On the genral tab, I left all the settings alone as our outbound email is setup and functioning.
The admi guide says to enter the account name of the email address you want to receive emails. I have tried numerous things here as I am not exactly sure what they mean. I have put in the full email address, the email account name, the SD account name tied to the email address I want, etc and I'm getting nothing. I don't see any errors in the log. Am I missing something?
5 REPLIES
jconsola20
Occasional Visitor

Re: inbound email config

OK. I think I have the SD side of it set up correctly. Does anyone have any tips on what needs to be done on the Exchange side of things to forward the emails on properly?
Chris Terzian
Occasional Contributor
Solution

You need to create an exchange contact for an email address on your app server. i.e. If your app server is called hpsd1.companyname.com, than you create an email contact such as HP-incoming@hpsd1.companyname.com.

For this piece, "account name of the email address you want to receive emails" you would then put 'HP-incoming'. Anytime an email is sent to that contact with the word "New" in the subject line, HPSD will create a case. If you do not put "New" in the subject line, no case will be created but you should receive an auto-reply from the server stating that no command was received in the email.

In our environment we used the server alias names to be able to route mail to service desk. So the email address is whatever you setup in the admin counsel and then the the rest is @server.name. You have to make sure you have the server settings setup so that service desk is listening for inbound emails.
jconsola20
Occasional Visitor

Thanks guys that is what I was looking for. Now I can let my exchange guys know. Thanks again.
jconsola20
Occasional Visitor

Had to have the exchange guys point the emails to the app server.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event