The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inactive sessions time-out

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
PatrikT
Regular Collector

inactive sessions time-out

Hi again,

we are working with SD4.5 SP20 on a HP-unix server.

We only have like 50 licenses but like 200 users ... Normally a session should be time-out after 30 minutes of idle time, but after moving the app to a new unix server this is not working anymore. Now users stay connected indefinite.

in the server_settings.xml I have copied below you can see some of these settings.

true
true
/opt/OV/sd/server/log/logserver.txt
true
false

Does any of you know where I can tweak or activate this again ?

thanks,
Patrik
5 REPLIES
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Re: inactive sessions time-out

The only time I have seen users stay connected indefinitely is when Automatic Refresh Interval is activated in the clients.

Points are welcome.

The Pike
PatrikT
Regular Collector

Hi The Pike,

thanks for your answer.
as far as I am aware off, I have never altered this setting.
Nevertheless when changed in the console I think you need to restart the app-server to enable ?

Kind regards,
Patrik
The Pike
Honored Contributor
Solution

The toggle to allow users to enable Automatic Refresh interval does not require the application server to be restarted.

Have you tried a controlled test of the timeout setting? I mean, monitoring a single session from the Logged on Users list and checking if after those ~30 minutes being idle the session is removed?

The Pike
PatrikT
Regular Collector

I did a monitoring and was not completely convinced of working, but after restart all worked without a charm !
Thanks, The Pike !

Patrik
PatrikT
Regular Collector

Golden suggestion, the Pike.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event