Did you mean: 

hp OpenView service desk 4.5 server service

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Eddy Fontijn
Occasional Advisor

hp OpenView service desk 4.5 server service

We're using HP Service Desk 4.5 sp20 and we're wondering if it's usefull to restart the service desk services on the application server when we've made some modifications in HP Service desk.

Can anybody tell me the benefits of restarting the service desk services?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES
Michal Kovac
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: hp OpenView service desk 4.5 server service

Hi Eddy,
from application point of view: during restart of application server service is cleared server cache (contents of %SD_SERVERHOME%\cache directory), so sometimes (f.i. a lot of changes in custom fields has been provided) it is not bad idea to restart SD app. server service; also while adding "brand new" custom field it is definitelly good idea.

Regards,
Michal
Eddy Fontijn
Occasional Advisor

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your resonse.
What's the purpose of the server cache? Will the server cache files be used by the clients when they log on without local cache files?
Michal Kovac
Frequent Visitor

Hi Eddy,

ad purpose of the server cache, better performance of application server (cache some data /f.i. labels, data dictionary etc./ localy instead of repeatedly run still the same queryies on database engine)

ad server vs. local cache files, IMHO client cache files are something similar (at least are used for something similar /cache labels of custom fields etc./), but are not totaly identical to server cache files

Michal
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event