Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

how to set Planned Start date in work order using sd_event

Highlighted
Shailendra Naru
Trusted Contributor.

how to set Planned Start date in work order using sd_event

I am using sd_event program to create work orders. I can set the planned start date but i do not see how i can set the start TIME. System puts the current time. How can i set both date and time from the sd_event program.

Any help on this will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES
Moxie
Super Contributor.

Re: how to set Planned Start date in work order using sd_event

I had that same problem and used or created another date field called "Actual Start". Then with a UI rule for Work Order set the Actual Start to the Current Time based on the Status.

ie: When created or modified
Where Actual Start is empty
Status = New, In Progress
Set Actual Start to Current Time
Do it right the first time
Shailendra Naru
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks for the reply Moxie.

I have a slightly different scenario. I am setting the Planned Start date using the sd_event program. Then, a DB rule, which gets evaluated at the planned date time, sets the Actual Start same as the Planned Start. The problem is that it automatically puts the current time in it. For example, if I am running the sd_event program today at 14:00 to create a work order for a planned start on Jan 15, it will set the Planned Start to â Jan 15 14:00â . I want to be able to set the time too somehow, not just the date.
Shailendra Naru
Trusted Contributor.

I think i got my answer. I removed the default (offset) setting for the Planned Start date and then passed the date and time in the exact same format work order shows; "mm/dd/yy HH:MM". It took it.