Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to increase the field on Service Page web page .

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Adeel Mehmood
Regular Collector

how to increase the field on Service Page web page .

Hi,

i am using Service Desk 4.5 SP 17.
currenlty we have more then 20 fields in our Service call form .when it comes to Service Pages we have only 5 fields on Web page ( Service Page)

we need to increase the Fields on Service Pages and want to make avaible all the Fields in Service call ( as on Thick Client )
on the Service Pages.
How can i do it
do i need to Develop a new page for Service Pages ?

kinldy guide me .

best regrads
Adeel Mehmood
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: how to increase the field on Service Page web page .

Hello Adeel,

You are correct. You need to modify the existing jsp file and add (by writing the appropriate code) the fields you want. The file is (provided that you have installed service pages on C:\Program Files)
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\service pages\webapps\sd-sp45\CreateServiceCall.jsp
menes fhtagn
Adeel Mehmood
Regular Collector

thanks for quick & helpful reply.

i need ask one more question .

We have same Template working for Service calls on Thick client and Service Pages ( Web pages ).We can display many fields on Service call on thick client but we have only 5 fields at Service pages.

My question is if i make a Feild mandatory in a Service call template its visible to thick client users and this field is not visible for Service Pages due to display fields limitation as discussed.
but its also mandatory for Service pages as
same template is used for both.
Therefore because of this Mandatory Field the Web user on Service Pages will get a Error to Fill this mandatory Feild .But as i told you the Field is not visible to User on Service pages.

what should i do .
create a new template for the Service Pages .
but i did it also .The changed /newly created template for Service Pages was not reflecting any changes .it was showing the Values of old template which is shared by Both Thick client & Service Pages.

please advise how can i do this?

Best regards
Adeel Mehmood
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Abeel,

The template for service pages is defined on Administrator Console/Service Pages/Data/Template Settings. There you can modify (or choose a new one) the template for used by Service Pages. Did you do that?

If you did that and didn't work, try to restart the service pages and if it still doesn't work try to restart the application server.
menes fhtagn
Adeel Mehmood
Regular Collector

thanks

i have done all as told by you .but its not refecting the new template for Service Pages.it showing the same Service Pages template as for Service Call in Thick client,

kindly guide ,it seems to be that we have no solution for this ......

again thanks for your patience
best regrads
Adeel Mehmood
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Is that template defined as default for the Service Pages Role?
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event