Did you mean: 

how to delete multiple SP accounts

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jens Nygaard
Super Collector

how to delete multiple SP accounts

I want to delete all the SP accounts in my SD system. but all the accounts are related to the person record. i try to Update all, in the person view, but i cannot find the Account field.
any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!
Br Jens Nygaard
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: how to delete multiple SP accounts

Well, it's odd but indead "account" is not available as field in update all. Maybe for security reasons.

There are three ways to do that:

1. Directly in SQL
2. Use Data Exchange and import the value [EMPTY] for accounts (though I don't know if the [EMPTY] works for relations)
3. One by one.

The first approach is the fastest but all that persons must have a collection of common attributes in order to use it in an update query.
menes fhtagn
Jens Nygaard
Super Collector

yes i also think i will try directly from SQL, but can you tell me the Tabel's name..

i'm not so good at SQL..
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Find someone who is. Messing around with the DB is dangerous and invalidate the support.

anyway persons are stored on itsm_persons and the column that holds the account oid is per_acc_oid.

However, just unrelating the persons with the accounts is not enough. If the account was used to create an item, you won't be able to delete the account. The same stands if the account was used to modify an item (or to be exact, if the account was used to modify an attribute that is audited in an item).
menes fhtagn
Jens Nygaard
Super Collector

Thanks alot... I will not mess around the DB for my self, i had an expert sitting in the next office.. :)

I know its not enough to only remove the account field, but i've only got 3 person who had submitted a case in the system, i take those manually.. :-)

Thanks again.!!
Jens Nygaard
Super Collector

I will delete the field directly in sql
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event