SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
mahesh k
Valued Contributor.

help required to evaluate reports for SLM

Hi ,

I am using Service Desk 4.5 with SP 11.

I have configured SLM for following scenario.

Scenario: -
Assume that there is a problem for email server. Problem may be related to software or hardware.
Software related problem will be solved by internal team and hardware related problem will be solved by external vender.

I have created two services for the same.
1. for internal support with SLA 8x5:- Operation Management Service named as “Internal Service”
2. For External support with SLA 24x7:- Underpinned service. Named as “External Service”

In this case if a call logged against email server , it should be first assigned to internal team , lets consider internal team took 1 hour to solve this problem and conclude that call should escalated / transfer to vendor as there is some hardware related problem . External team took 2 hr to solve the problem so total down time would be 3 hr.
But I want to show these 1 hr and 2hr down time separately in the SLA or there should be some indication in the report to differentiate the down time. But I am not able to solve this maze.

I have tried one way …
I registered a service call with manually selecting a “Internal” service. And assign a call to workgroup.
I have created a DB Rule such that if Status of call changed to “Call Transfer to Vendor” then Modify service to “External” service.
Then after 1 hr I manually change the status to “Call Transfer to Vendor” . and then after 2 hr I “Resolve” the call.

After generating Availability SLA report for “Internal” service, it is showing 100% availability and shows Number of calls = 0
Availability SLA report for”External” service is showing total down time ie 3 hr. and Number of call = 1

So my requirement is down time should be shown separately for internal and external service

Thanks in Advance
Mahesh
9 REPLIES
Dan Ioan
Honored Contributor.

Re: help required to evaluate reports for SLM

Hi Mahesh,

I think that, in this case, a better way is to use another call assigned to your Vedor (external). This new call will be raised and related with your initial call as a sub-contract call(SCSC) using Action Tab. Doing this, you can relate underpinning service to sub-contract call, while main call will be related to operational service.
Try this, hoping that your new SLA report will be a better one.

Regards,

Dan
mahesh k
Valued Contributor.

Hi Dan
Thanks for the reply , but still i have some doubts .

1) I have register a call ( Say Call id as 1)with service as a Internal service.
2) After some time say 15 min i resolved service call 1 and filled all the details such as actual Assign , Finsih etc..)
3) After that i have opened subcontract call from Action Tab

Here i am surprised as service is showing default selection as internal service. Even if i tried to change it to External service then SLA filed is not showing anything.

I have related a caller System to external SLA but still it is not working

Do i am missing in the processing subcontract call??

Regards
Mahesh
Dan Ioan
Honored Contributor.

Hi Mahesh,

Indeed, when you raise a subcontract call SD copies fields from originating event (SC or Incident)with some exception (Caller -your login name and Caller organization-your organization). A SYS ADMIN can configure which fields are copied from originating SC to SCSC.
Same time, if you have a configuration item entered in the subcontract service call, the Service lookup item button provides system actions that enable you to view and select services that use, manage, or support (your case) the selected configuration item.
Hope this helps you a little.

Regards,

Dan

mahesh k
Valued Contributor.

Hi Dan ,
I think you are not understood my problem .
Se fields copied from parent service call to subcontract service call is correct.

But in my condition i have two seperate SLA , One for internal and another for External vendor.

so created subcontract call shows SLA wich is defined in origional service call and not allow user to change .

If i change service manually to external , then SLA field grayed out so i am not able to see the service call in SLA report for extrnal vender .

I have relate CI also but still not working.

regards
mahesh
Dan Ioan
Honored Contributor.

Hi Mahesh,

Indeed, when you raise a SCSC the SLA related with your underpinned service (external) is not available yet(on grey in your SC form). But, if save that new SCSC and then re-open, after selection of external service, you will see associated SLA. Also, you have to wait for notification after first save, to see saved SCSC ID and find new created SCSC quicklier.
Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Dan
mahesh k
Valued Contributor.

Appreciate dan for prompt response.

I follow the steps bt still not able to see SLA foe external service which is underpinning service.

i have relate external (underpinning) servie to the internal (operational) service in service configuration.

But i cross chck with new SC givine service name shows me SLA automatically.

Also how to check SCSC is for which SC?

Regards
Mahesh
Dan Ioan
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Hi Mahesh,

Seems to be very strange that you can't see associated SLA for underpinning service after you relate to SCSC. This works in my case.
If you want to see relation between originating SC and SCSC, simply, in your main SC in Action Tab choose references. You will see related SCSC with attribute 'subcontract call' from service call.
Sorry if I can't help you more.

Best regards,

Dan
mahesh k
Valued Contributor.

Hi Dan ,
Thanks a lot for your support.
Full marks to you for helping me to solve SLA related problem..

Mahesh
mahesh k
Valued Contributor.

As aper Dan feedback my configuration was OK except i configured Receiver in Underpinning contract SLA as a induvidual person which should be organisation from operational service