having to manually close work orders when change rejected

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Elizabeth Niels
Super Collector

having to manually close work orders when change rejected

HP SD 4.5 sp23
When a change is rejected or cancelled the related work orders are having to be closed manually.. ie opening each work order, filling in information update, setting the closure code and changing status.
I created a rule that when the change order was set to cancelled or rejected that it should automatically fill in the information update field on related work orders with "Change cancelled" and that the closure code was cancelled and status set to closed. The first two parts work great and the first work order is also closed but the remaining work orders are not changing status from "waiting for predecessor" and the error in the log is that the status cannot be changed because the status i "waiting for predecessor"..
Is it possible to get around this without manually having to disable the wait for predessor field?
6 REPLIES
Elizabeth Niels
Super Collector

Re: having to manually close work orders when change rejected

I can see that Bhuvnesh solved this problem last summer but the UI rule that he created was not included in his response.. there have been a couple of people ask for the same rule again..
see http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1139179&admit=109447626+1200653372271+28353475

Bhuvnesh if you are still around please share this info with us :)
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Hi
I solved this problem by creation one web-api script, where load the change and step by step closing the WO using workflow.

Vasily
Elizabeth Niels
Super Collector

I will add some more info here in hope that someone can tell me exactly how this can be set up.

I created a Change template : software upload.
When the change template is created it automatically creates 9 prefilled work orders.

The first work order is in status Registered and the rest are in status Waiting for Predecessor.

When the change is rejected I want to be able to have all the work orders status changed to close and the info update field write the text "Related change rejected" and the closure code on each work order set to Cancelled.

As it is now the first work order is closed, the text is added and the closure code set but the rest stay in "waiting for predecessor" - although the text is also added and the closure code is set..they just dont change status from waiting for predecessor.

I have tried making DB rules on both change and work order module and also tried UI rules but none of them seem to work as I want them to.

Can anyone tell me the exact rule that would be needed to automatically close all related work orders in the change template - and also type (DB or UI) and which module it needs to be made on?

Elizabeth Niels
Super Collector

I will add some more info here in hope that someone can tell me exactly how this can be set up.

I created a Change template : software upload.
When the change template is created it automatically creates 9 prefilled work orders.

The first work order is in status Registered and the rest are in status Waiting for Predecessor.

When the change is rejected I want to be able to have all the work orders status changed to close and the info update field write the text "Related change rejected" and the closure code on each work order set to Cancelled.

As it is now the first work order is closed, the text is added and the closure code set but the rest stay in "waiting for predecessor" - although the text is also added and the closure code is set..they just dont change status from waiting for predecessor.

I have tried making DB rules on both change and work order module and also tried UI rules but none of them seem to work as I want them to.

The server log generates the following error:
status.
ti, 22/01/2008 10:24:19 Rule: related work orders on cancelled see if it works (Update Data)
ti, 22/01/2008 10:24:19 For work order the following fields are required:

status.
ti, 22/01/2008 10:24:19 This workorder has still open predecessors to be completed and and therefore can't be closed
ti, 22/01/2008 10:24:19 This workorder has still open predecessors to be completed and and therefore can't be closed
ti, 22/01/2008 10:24:20 This workorder has still open predecessors to be completed and and therefore can't be closed
ti, 22/01/2008 10:24:20 This workorder has still open predecessors to be completed and and therefore can't be closed
ti, 22/01/2008 10:24:21 This workorder has still open predecessors to be completed and and therefore can't be closed

Can anyone tell me the exact rule that would be needed to automatically close all related work orders in the change template - and also type (DB or UI) and which module it needs to be made on?

Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi
At the first your WO's status 'Cancelled' must belong to state Closed, then "waitors" be open.

Vasily
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

The second:
use db rule: when status change to Cancelled
update -> select related items Sucessor, Successors;Status = Cancelled

Vasily
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event