Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

facing problem with required fields when I use an Integration account

Highlighted
Saad Masood
Trusted Contributor.

facing problem with required fields when I use an Integration account

Hi All,

we at our company have a HP TEMIP to Service Desk Trouble Ticket liaison setup to create the TTs from Temip system. It was setup 1 year back. Now the i am configuring it again.
The problem is that, there are some fields which are now set to required on certain status (registered, Inprogres) for our IT departments Incident workflow. But these should not be the required fields for The TeMIP Incident workflow!!.
OK, for solution of that i have made a UI rule which gives dummy values to these fields if the Incident is created by the "TeMIP_liaison" user and Status==Registered or Inprogrss.

Interesting thing is that, this UI rule works oK when i do it by simply loging in SD and creating a new incident, but when i do the same from TeMIP system (by Temip Trouble ticketing liaison) the message bar at temip shows " for incident the following fields are required Affected NE"

would really appreciate if someone can help me with that!!!
Thanks & Regards
Saad
3 REPLIES
Jay Mistry
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: facing problem with required fields when I use an Integration account

Hi

UI rules only work client side when using the SD Client.
If you are wanting the required fields to be populated when you submit a ticket using TmMIP system you will need to setup a DB rule as this works at the Database level not client level.

hope this helps
Saad Masood
Trusted Contributor.

oh sorry , I actually made a DB rule.
I will now try to restart the SD services , maybe the problem is due to SP17 bug!!

but my problem is not resolved yet, so please reply if you have a better idea...

Thanks
Saad
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

do you have a spare named account that you can use to test the integration. In the past I had issues using the integration account for an OVSD - Remedy integration and had to use a named license to resolve it. The integration account shoudl have worked but didn't.