Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

execute WO sequentially

Highlighted
Raghunathan Tik
Outstanding Contributor.

execute WO sequentially

Hi All,

Is there a way i can configure OVSD that triggers the following work order only when previous work order has been executed.

for instance I log a RFC and attach multiple WO's say around 5 Work Orders. Rather than looking at their sequential number, i want to configure OVSD in such a way that on RFC approval, the first WO whould be triggered and until and unless this WO is completed I do not want other to know the existence of the remaining WO. Similarly once the first workorder is completed, it should trigger the specified WO.

Is there a way to configure OVSD to fulfil above requirement?

any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

raman
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: execute WO sequentially

Hello,

I think autowo is what you want. Have a look at api\ directory of where a service pack SP12 or higher is extracted.
menes fhtagn
Raghunathan Tik
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I am using SP18.

my requirement is like this:

I log a change request that has got multiple work orders. of which:
1) one Work Order will be logged against installation of a Router and assigned to network team
2) another work order will be logged against server istallation and assigned to Server Admin
3) another work order will be logged against desktop installation and assigned to Desktop admin.

now once the change request is approved, i would like to have the work order flow in the following manner:

1) The network team should own the Work order; install the router and close the WO. Until and unless this work order is closed, the other work order;s shouldn't be activated.
2) similarly on completion of the above work order, the server team should complete the tasks mentioned in the WO related to them and then the access should flow to next WO and so on......

is this possible to achieve?

raman
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Raman,

This is possible to achieve without "autowo" as long as approval is not needed.

You can create a change template that has workorder. In the workorder predecessor template "Successor Starts only If Predecessor Is Closed" must set to "Yes".

But if you want change to be approved first, you cannot use a template that contains workorder(s) unless you don't care to create empty workorders (in case of no approval).

For sequential creation of workorders autowo is the only way. If you don't mind having workorders that will never been executeted then a change template with workorders is the way.
menes fhtagn
Raghunathan Tik
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi George,

Thanks for your reply. I shall look onto it.

regards,
raman
Raghunathan Tik
Outstanding Contributor.

need to go through the autowo