We have several exe files on the application servers used to interact with external systems such as Telalert. The excuteables with paramters are called by business rules and the actions are being completed. Problem is the exe file stays in the active processes and after a couple of thousand of them all teh resources get consumed and bang your dead in the water. We did not notice the issue until after we went to SP17 (SD 4.5). We have a workaround in place to kill the exe files every few hours but need to fix the cause. The Server and Agent are both installed as services on the application servers. This is happening on all application servers.
Hello I'm use Process Explorer - http://www.sysinternals.com/, if your system a Windows it helps. This tool shows all processes and string, arguments what was sent to running application, than get the same String and run manually and finding problem. Perhaps that helps.