cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

events not coming when logged in as user in sd 4.5

Highlighted

events not coming when logged in as user in sd 4.5

Hi,

I am not getting events from NNM when i logged in as User but i am getting events from NNM when i logged in as System Administrator in SD 4.5, can any body help me???
9 REPLIES
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Re: events not coming when logged in as user in sd 4.5

What exactly do you mean by "not get events"?

Hi Pike,

Means suppose if any interface goes down or up that particular ticket is not coming in SD 4.5 when i logged in as user, but i am getting the same thing when i logged in as system administrator...
The Pike
Honored Contributor

So, if I understand you correctly, you do not see (in Views) Service Desk tickets generated from NNM events when logged in as a User but you do see them when logged as a System Administrator?

If this is what you are experiencing, check your roles and accounts, both as a User and as an Admin to determine the differences between the two.

Hope this helps.
Do not forget to assign points for the contribution.

The Pike

Hi Pike,

I have checked the roles of user.. I have assigned even the same role of system admin to user but still its not working..

Any other suggestion??

Regards,
The Pike
Honored Contributor

No further suggestions on your problem at this time but you might want to consider honoring the forum's point mechanism and reward those who are taking the time to help you (in this thread and others) and also to encourage other forum members to reply.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

The Pike
Meine de Vries
Regular Collector

It does really sound like a permission problem like â The Pikeâ suggested.

Be aware that just must "re-login" the user in order to get the newly assigned permissions.
Ken Briscoe
Honored Contributor

Just to be clear...if you log in as admin you can "See" an Incident created from NNM event.

But if you log in as user you can't see that? Even if you search (F2) and enter the Incident name?
Sounds to me like the Folder rights for the user might not include view access to the folder containing the Incidents? Are you using folders?

If you CAN see the Incident by searching on Incident number, then maybe it's just the View you are using as a User filters them out.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au

Hi,

can anybody tell me what are all the possibilites of not getting the events when logged in SD4.5 as user...???
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Log in to the SD windows client with the same user ID that you are using to create the events from NNM, then go and create a new incident.

If it fails, check why it failed, and that is why it is failed to create the event from NNM.

As some people have mentioned already above, it could be a problem with permissions of the user.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event