e-mail by assignment

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
czajkam
Trusted Contributor.

e-mail by assignment

Hi,

I'm running SD 4.5 with Service Pack 23.

I need to send an email to the Assign to group and to the Assign to person, but only when the status isn't "Close". This is in case of service call has closed without assign. I can't seem to find a way to change conditions i this query...
Sorry, but I work in SD some weeks only ;-)
9 REPLIES
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: e-mail by assignment

Hi,

If what you want to avoid is to close Service Calls without assign, then you can set the field "Assignment; To Workgroup" as a required field.

Open the Administrator Console-> Security-> Prevention-> Required Fields-> Assignment-> select from the drop down To Workgroup-> set it as Always Required.

With this setting, users will not be able to save a service call without filling this field, hence they won;t be able to close a Service Call with that field empty.

Now, regarding the email, you can create a DB rule to send the email to the assignment to person email, everytime the status of a Service Call is changed (except when the status is changed to Closed).

Open the Administrator Console-> Business Logic-> DB rules-> Service Call-> create a rule like this:
When service call is modified
where Status (*) equals
Send Mail (Send e-mail message),
Send to: [Assignment;To person;E-mail], Subject: Send Mail to Assign

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
czajkam
Trusted Contributor.

Thank's very much,
but my problem is other ;-)
when i have created DB rule, i receive two e-mails. First has source: "e-mail by Assignment" second - "e-mail by DB Rule"... I want only one e-mail from "e-mail by DB Rule"
Sam decosta
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

If you want email only from DB rule not from email settings template, you can disable the same.

To disable go to Admin console->system Panel->Email settings->Email Template Tab and open the Service call Assignment Notification email template and clear the Subject and Body.

Enter one space in the Subject and Body and save the template. It will be disable and you will get email only by DB rule.

Points are welcome :)

Thanks,
Avinash
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

To disable email by assignment, and keep only the one for DB rule.

Go to the SD client-> Tools-> Options-> Advanced tab-> here make sure to uncheck "Send me email when items are assigned to my workgroup"

Since this is something that can be changed by all users, you cna go to the Person module, select all Person records-> right click-> Update All... and uncheck this option to ALL users.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

To disable email by assignment, and keep only the one for DB rule.

Go to the SD client-> Tools-> Options-> Advanced tab-> here make sure to uncheck "Send me email when items are assigned to my workgroup"

Since this is something that can be changed by all users, you can go to the Person module, select all Person records-> right click-> Update All... and uncheck this option to ALL users.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
Sam decosta
Outstanding Contributor.

I Agree with the solution provided by Err,Once you uncheck the option Of'Send me email when items are assigned to me/workgroup'. User will not get the email by assignment.
But again if user goes to Advanced fine and enables this option, User will be getting two email. however solution provided by me will permanently disable the Email by Assignment :)

Err..Please correct me if i am wrong :)

Thanks,
Avinash
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

I tested your solution Avinash, and yes, it seem to work as expected.

You are right, with my solution, any user can manually enable the notification.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
czajkam
Trusted Contributor.

very, very thanks! Your knowledge is great! regarts
czajkam
Trusted Contributor.

thinks!