Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

decision center error, CMS down

Highlighted
Boughariou Anou
Honored Contributor.

decision center error, CMS down

hi
the BO cms is down when i execute any report from decison center web application,
from the infoview web application i can see any report i want.
i attached the file with evnet log
thanks for your help
8 REPLIES
Hasim.Baba
Honored Contributor.

Re: decision center error, CMS down

Hi Anouar,

Were you able to resolve this ? I am facing the same issue.

Thanks for the assistance.

Regards,
-Hasim
Boughariou Anou
Honored Contributor.

hi
sorry i have not resolved this issue yet
i think the problem is in sql query "case sensitive".
i have see in sql log and cms log the problem is when you start Decision center and you clic any report, the #fronta base has created and the OBJECTID has add,
and then the query sarch for Objectid so this object is not found, that mean the sql is case sensitive?
Hasim.Baba
Honored Contributor.

Hi Anouar,

I think you have a good thought. I am working with HP support on this issue for last couple of weeks now... I think we have tried most of the things.

Can you also tell me if you have installed DC on a 64bit OS ? and your database is on 32bit OS ?

Also, the db instance you are using , does it have servicecenter on that as well, because service center requires to turn on the casesenstiveness.

I will check if I can change the case-senstiveness in the database to test out and let you know if it works.

Thanks n Regards,
-Hasim
Boughariou Anou
Honored Contributor.

HI
I use windows 2003 32 bit OS, and sql 2005.
can you please tell me if this problem is occurs after executing the connect-it scenario?

you see in attachmment file the "objectid" problem.
thanks for your help.
PS: you can active the trace mode in CMS and see if it's the same problem
thanks again for your help
Hasim.Baba
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I use sql 2000 on a windows 2003 32bit but DC and BO is installed on windows 2003 64bit. I dont think there is any problem with CIT becasue I can see the correct updated reports through infoview.

I dont have access to test ServiceCenter database, if you have one you can turn off the case sentiviness on it and than retry , if it works for you it might work for me as well and I can tell the ServiveCenter implementation team to turn of the case sentiveness.

Regards,
-Hasim
Boughariou Anou
Honored Contributor.

Hi
i have try to modify the case sensitive in sql "cmsdb", but it doesn't work?
have you an idea how to disable case sensitive in sql 2005, i must change all the sql database case sensivity or only cmsdb?
thanks
Hasim.Baba
Honored Contributor.

Hi Anouar,

I think has to be defined in teh SQL enterprise manager screen for that particular database... If I am not wrong the setting is called co-olation or something taht sound similar..

I am trying to set a database locally to check some thing and at the same time working with support. I will keep you updated.. in the meantime, if you are able to successfully get it done , do let me know.

Thanks ,
-Hasim
Hasim.Baba
Honored Contributor.

Hi Anouar,

Finally we were able to get it running with help of HP Support. The issue is due to the collation settings defined at the server level. This is only true for the cmsdb , remaining databases can stay as they are.

Try moving the cmsdb to new instance of SQL server (32 bit) and point the CMS service to the recreated database , it will work.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
-Hasim