Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

crystal report

Highlighted
SWATI SHARMA
Honored Contributor.

crystal report

Hi

I hav created one view in service desk and i m not able to see that view in crystal reports.

Pls help me so that i can make report.
8 REPLIES
acarasa
Frequent Contributor.

Re: crystal report

Hi Swati. You have to regenerate views on the SD DB by (SDESk 5.1) Workspace HP Openview Configuration --> System Settings --> Report Settings --> (Re)generate database views for reporting...
Hope this help!!
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Swati, that doesn't explain much.
Did you create a SD view or a database view for reporting?

If you used the views for reporting feature, you first need to identify where they are in the database. Then find them in Crystal Reports.
SWATI SHARMA
Honored Contributor.

I created a view under Administrator console>Presentation>Views>Incident>new view
-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.

Hey Swati,

Thats not the same as what we Crystal guys would call a "view". "View" within the OVSD tool is just a glorified filter internal to the application.

In terms of what Crystal (and the rest of the database world) considers "views", there's no way to create these in OVSD.

Since 2 years later, our OVSD 5.1 implementation still doesn't calculate deadline correctly (thanks again HP!), I've had to use Crystal extensively to get even a drop of value out of our Service Desk operation. If you let me know exactly what you're trying to do in Crystal, I could probably help you out.
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Swati,
The SD Views you create from the Presentation node in the Admin console are intended to display in the application.

If I remember correctly from previous posts, you are using SD4.5. In this version, you need to go to Admin Console --> System Panel --> Report Settings --> (Re)generate database views for reporting...

They should appear in the SD database with a v_ prefix.
SWATI SHARMA
Honored Contributor.

Hey

Thanks to all of u!

Actually i hav to generate report of all the network incidents showing the total downtime for each node in the last month.

I created a view in the database and able to find all the network incidents last month but i m not able to did a query resulting in the total downtime of each interface.
Since i don't hav much knowledge of database i need help.
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Swati,

That really will depend on how you want to define the metric. Incident creation/resolution time might not always be the most accurate way to calculate downtime.

But if that is what you want to do you may want to look up how to calculate duration between two datetime values, as well as how to use aggregation functions to sum (hint!hint!) and group by (hint!hint!) your results.

Hopefully this points you in the right direction to gaining that coveted database knowledge you're after.
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Actually, -=R=-'s answer posted yesterday is more descriptive.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1317357