creating relation between SP account & Persons

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Spyros Antoniou
Regular Collector

creating relation between SP account & Persons

Hello Forum,
I have done this already on the SD 5.1 server that we have, and trying to do it also on the 4.5 patch 19 machine, but with no luck.

I am trying to relate the SP account created with a Data exchange task to the person it belongs to.

In SD 4.5 i tried using an import mapping with the person object and entering the username in the account field but with no luck. Any ideas?

Thank you.
6 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: creating relation between SP account & Persons

Hello Spyros,

We constanly relate persons to sp_accounts in OVSD4.5, so there must be something wrong in what you are doing.

Is by any change the account you are trying to link already used by another person? I don't know about 5.1 but OVSD4.5 lets you link only one account to person. If the account is linked to another person, you won't be able to link it to the person you are trying to modify.
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Could you please post, the import mapping, the ini file and a log of an attempted D.E?
menes fhtagn
Spyros Antoniou
Regular Collector

Hi George,
The problem is that I am exporting information from LDAP, and then with this xml file I am trying to add the accounts to the persons. attached zip file contains the ini file for exporting from LDAP server, the import mapping screenshot.

Also another issue is that I cannot have the same column twice exported from LDAP for some reason, while doing [uid] as [username] inside the .ini file. Any ideas on this?

Spyros Antoniou
Regular Collector

Hi George,
The problem is that I am exporting information from LDAP, and then with this xml file I am trying to add the accounts to the persons. attached zip file contains the ini file for exporting from LDAP server, the import mapping screenshot.

Also another issue is that I cannot have the same column twice exported from LDAP for some reason, while doing [uid] as [username] inside the .ini file. Any ideas on this?

Thanks for your help.
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Spyro,

I never managed to do an import from LDAP using OVSD built-in LDAP functionality. I finally gave up and used the excellent LDAP exporter by Radovan Skolnik

However this is not related to the account. Can you post a log of a failed attempt to create/ling a service pages account?
menes fhtagn
Spyros Antoniou
Regular Collector

Thanks George, I finally used Radovan's LDAP Exporter and my task has been done.
Sorry for not being able to reply earlier.
Have a nice afternoon.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event