The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating new item from exsoting one

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Nathan Brand
Super Collector

creating new item from exsoting one

Hi
I'm using SD4.5 sp11
I want to create new Change out of existing service call. I tried the "action->create Change -copy values..." but it does not copying all the fields and also does not let me to relate the field to require fields on the Change side. I added some custom field that I want them to have these values.
Second question when some of the fields in the service calls are changed the fields on the related Change need to be change too. But how do I connect them thru the relations to each other
thanks for any help
3 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: creating new item from exsoting one

Hello Nathan,

You can use hidden functionality of sd_dataform to create a relation between items. Have a look at http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=808712&admit=-682735245+1156242231429+28353475
menes fhtagn
Nathan Brand
Super Collector

Thanks George,
But I'm looking for the way to change the action to do more job.

and the way to figure out that there is releation when I submits UI/DB rules
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

using Db rules in Service Calls you can choose an option in the data update part of the rule to change "related items". Select this box and you will be presented with the other modules that are available to change. Some are hidded which can be accessed though.

So you can have a DB rule that fires on conditions of changing attributes for service calsl that will then update the change records that are related to the service call once the service call is saved.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event