Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating multi client sessions

Highlighted
Anju
Regular Collector

creating multi client sessions

I created a shortcut using
%windir%\system32\wjview.exe com.hp.ifc.ui.AppConsole/Profile=clientAS1 /USER FOLDER="D:\Program Files\Hewlett Packard\OpenView\Service Desk 4.5\Client\clientAS1" as per the installation guide but it returns an error msg could not execute com.hp.ifc.ui.AppConsole/Profile=clientAS1 . System cannot find specified path
3 REPLIES
David Borojevic
Frequent Visitor

Re: creating multi client sessions

Hi Anju,

Yes I wasted time trying to do what the manual says. Here is a posting that works like a charm.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=244924

Cheers
Anju
Regular Collector

Thanks for the response David. I had earlier reviewed the resolution you posted which didn't seem to work for me. I guess this is because I have installed sp16 on 4.5 and I am not sure if the solution is recommended for sp16. Also, my client is installed in D:\Program Files\Hewlett Packard\OpenView\Service Desk 4.5\Client\bin implying sdlaunch.exe and sd_client.ini are located here. I have tried pointing the target to D:\Program Files\Hewlett Packard\OpenView\Service Desk 4.5\Client\bin as per the solution against
%windir%\system32\wjview.exe com.hp.ifc.ui.AppConsole/Profile=clientAS1 /USER FOLDER="D:\Program Files\Hewlett Packard\OpenView\Service Desk 4.5\Client\clientAS1" listed in the installation guide. Nothing seemed to have worked. Can you anyone help?
David Borojevic
Frequent Visitor

Check that the shortcut has the service desk client path in the "Start In" part of the shortcut.

ie I have in start in (quotes included because of spaces)

"C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\client\"

so you would have "d:\..."

I have found all things service desk are fussy in this regard (sd_import.bat, etc)

Cheers
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event