Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could not coneect to server

Highlighted
Robin Goel
Super Collector

could not coneect to server

Hey, we r using servicedesk 4.5 on windows 2000 with SQL2000,now we have to shift it on another machine. so we have taken the backup of database and copy it to new machine and install SQL and service desk, but it is not connecting to it's server when i open client than it shows not connected wth server,same thing happens with run database configuration also.plz tell me wht shld i do?how can i run service desk at another machine?
plz tell me all steps during this installation.

8 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Re: could not coneect to server

I suspect restoring the DB on another SQL Server has not created a LOGIN or associated it with the DB as default and owner. Use Enterprise Manager to check this, use Query Analyzer to check username/password work then use Server Config.
Oguz Kutlu Asi
Honored Contributor

Yes, surely you have to delete database user you've created for sd before migration, then recreate it and make it db_owner of service desk database, when you moved your database to new server. Otherwise it will not work. Recreate it, then test it after you define it in server settings editor.
What's right is right, whether or not God exists
Robs_3
Collector

actually we have copied the database named servicedesk into SQL . Now then we tried to install services desk
after that at the time of running servicedesk data base wizard if i click upgrade database it shows nothing in front of database user repository type databse. so i added a new user in my servicedesk db in sql and added the same in wizard.
after that if i refresh screen in sdesk db wizard it gives error in open connection failed to open connection to servicedesk repository

what could be the problem

Oguz Kutlu Asi
Honored Contributor

Hi again,

After you carried database to new server, In SQL Enterprise Manager, go to servicedesk database's "Users" section and delete sd user you've defined before. Then go to Security ->Logins and delete same user there. After that, recreate same user in Logins and While creating the login, select service desk database in database access tab, and make login db_owner. Finally, define database same login/user in application server -> server settings editor. See if you can connect after all above.
Robs_3
Collector

yes we have done it many times,but it is giving same error "failed to open servicedesk data"not trusted sql server connection"

can anyone suggest me?
Oguz Kutlu Asi
Honored Contributor

Probably you've not selected mixed mode authentication while installing new sql server. In SQL server properties, go to security tab, and select "sql server and windows", if there is "windows only" selected.
Robs_3
Collector

hey,
we have selected mixed mode,and have selected system account.
is it right?
Oguz Kutlu Asi
Honored Contributor

Yes. System account is windows localsystem account.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event