cancel

command to delete old closed incidents

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
SeanJ
Outstanding Contributor.

command to delete old closed incidents

Is there any command to delete 10000 old or all closed incidents in one time.
7 REPLIES
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: command to delete old closed incidents

Hi Ajit,

Even though it is not recommended that you delete the old incident calls and archive them instead, if you have to delete certain calls; the best way will be to do an advanced find from Incident ID1 to Incident IDn depending on your range, filter them on Status = Closed; and then delete them by a simple "Select All" and then "Delete" on the right click options pop-up. This can be done using the Administrator Access.

Hope this helps you...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
MarkvL
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Ajit,

The best thing to do is to use archiving with delete option.

Mark
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Ganesha Sridhar
Outstanding Contributor.

The old Incident from the Service desk can be removed by doing archiving or using the WEB-API.
If you develop your own WEB-API application where you can set the filters as per your requirement, which in turn helps you to remove the Old & closed incidents from OVSD.

See:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=901436

HTH
Regards,
Ganesha Sridhara
Marc Hummel
Outstanding Contributor.

One thing to keep in mind, if you simply do a select then delete, if there are any relations you will have to go through and remove those relations before you can delete the item in question.

Archiving would be my first choice.

Good luck.
Marc
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
SeanJ
Outstanding Contributor.

how to delete archieved incidents in one shot
HPRB
Micro Focus Expert
Solution

Hi Ajit,

In SD, Archiving process is used to delete the entities. In admin console-system panel- archive settings. Each entity, servicecall, incidents, problem etc have a view called the Archive servicecall(table), archive incident(table). All these table views store the items that can be archived. By default you will see the filter of status=closed on these.

In the Archive settings, you will see 2 tabs, view and location, ideally if your entity has attachments then archive the attachments also. If you have servicecalls and incidents related to eachother and both are in closed status then when archiving you can choose the servicecalls and incidents views.

Initially you can go to incident entity and change the view to archive incident(table) view and check the incidents that are going to be archived.

Archiving process in SD is slow and gives performance hit to the application. So ideally it should be done off-peak time. During maintenance hours.

For your question of deleting incidents in one shot, archiving is the recommended way in SD.

Best Regards,
Rama
Carlos Thompson
Respected Contributor.

I if I just archive Incidents (Alarms in my wonderful world of APM), what is going to happen to the relations to the ServiceCalls? Will it break them cleanly? How does this work?

I need a way to automate deleting or archiving all Incidents older than 30 days...I can do the DB rule logic easily, but do not understand the specifics of Archiving.

Thanks!