Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.ms.wfc.data.AdoException: Class not registered

Highlighted
Partha Maji
Super Collector

com.ms.wfc.data.AdoException: Class not registered

Hello,
When I click on any icon (like service call, incident) I get a pop up saying, "com.ms.wfc.data.AdoException: Class not registered".

Can any one help me to find out the error?
-Partha
13 REPLIES
Jasper Verweij
Honored Contributor

Re: com.ms.wfc.data.AdoException: Class not registered

Some thoughts:
- Do you have 4.0 client installed on the machine previously?
- Did you try to re-register all additional components.. See register.bat in the following directories on the machine:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Software FX Shared
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Software GridEx Shared
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Software Sheridan Shared
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Software SupraSoft Shared

Jasper
Partha Maji
Super Collector

Hi Jasper,
I checked, no improvement. Anything else might be related to JVM?

-Partha
Oguz Kutlu Asi
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I don't think it's related to jvm. Somehow, a component registration is missing. If only one client involves, try to uninstall client, delete "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\client" and "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk" folders, and reinstall client.
What's right is right, whether or not God exists
Partha Maji
Super Collector

Hi,
No after deleting the mentioned folders and re-installation, the same error comes. Here, i am sending the error as screen shot.

-Partha
Oguz Kutlu Asi
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Just a thought. May be reinstalling or upgrading MDAC can solve the problem? MDAC version that comes with ovsd 4.5 is v2.7(\tools\mdac).
Oguz Kutlu Asi
Honored Contributor

I changed my mind, it can be related to jvm, because AdoException class is one of the Windows foundation classes for java.

Probably you know, client is using Microsoft JVM, and not working properly with Sun's JVMs.
Raj_72
Collector

Hi,

I faced the same problem on yesterday,i simply close the SD client & logoff my present session.After then it was working fine.

Sometime SD client gives error with one login,so you can try with any other login if the OS platform is windows,its might help u becoz i have done same in my case.

Anil
Nick Brace
Occasional Visitor

Partha,

we had similar problem recently. in his answer above, Jasper has advised you to re register some objects, I found that (on XP) in program files\common files\system\ADO ? there are some DLL's and other files that can also be registered. It was registering these files that fixed the problem. We were faced with a rebuild so I was "clutching at straws" but it worked.

Best of luck
Nick
Pint of Carlsberg please?
Partha Maji
Super Collector

Hi Nick,
I tried to run two batch files in the mentioned folder (ADO) but, no improvement. Do i need to change registry settings or something else?

thanks,
Regards,
-partha
Nick Brace
Occasional Visitor

Partha,

as I said, I was just clutching at straws & decided I would try to register these files, I did & it worked. I'm afraid I can't give you any more details & I certainly didn't change the registry
Pint of Carlsberg please?
Iris Radam
Acclaimed Contributor

I tried what was suggested Jasper has advised you to re register some objects, I found that (on XP) in program files\common files\system\ADO ? there are some DLL's and other files that can also be registered. It was registering these files that fixed the problem. I am running Windows 2000.I ran the 2 registry entries adoapt15.reg and adofre15.reg and ran the makapt15.bat and makfre15.bat, I still had the problem. I also uninstalled the Sun Java Runtime. I tried again and still no luck. I uninstalled the product, then deleted the client and agent folders and reinstalled the product. The product installed Sun's Java runtime again. I tried the product, still got error, then re-ran those registery entries as before and even the 2 bat files and I still got the error.Is there anything else I can try-----???Thank you for another suggestions--thank you.
ntombizevangeli
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,

I've tried to register DLL file but I got errors when registering Software FX shared and GridEX shared, see the attached document to see the arrors .

Thank you
-Ntombi
Marvinwb
Acclaimed Contributor

Try reinstalling MDAC as follows:

Navigate to c:\windows\inf
locate the MDAC.inf file and right click. Select install.

You will need the I386 folder used for the installation on the machine.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event