Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

cm.copyopen from task

Highlighted
vijiitrc
Respected Contributor.

cm.copyopen from task

Hello,

'Copy Record' from Change TASK opens a new task and copies the data from the task to the new task. it calls the process 'cm.copyopen'.
Is it correct?

Can you let me know which link it calls to do this? basically i want to stop copying the actual implementation start/end dates to the new task.

I checked the link cm3t.task.request and it copies from change to task i believe.

Regards,
Viji
5 REPLIES
Jacob Heubner
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: cm.copyopen from task

Actually, though the creation of a Task does copy values from the parent change, the cm.copyopen Process doesn't use a link.

It uses the values in the current $L.file variable (which in this case happens to be the last stored value of the record in the table) and passes that variable to the cm.open RAD application.

But, that doesn't mean you're stuck.

In the Post Expressions of the cm.copyopen Process, add something like:

if (filename($L.file)="cm3t") then (actualStart in $L.file=NULL; actualEnd in $L.file=NULL)

When the cm.copyopen Process finishes, if you're copying a Task, the values of those fields will be NULL.

Hope that helps.
vijiitrc
Respected Contributor.

Thanks Jacob.
I did that and missed to mention in my last conversation.

when you do 'Copy Record' from task which is in 'Implement' phase, the new task opens with the 'Build' phase. hence there is no 'actual start/end time' in the build phase.

Do you have idea when are these fields getting copied?

Regards,
Viji
Jacob Heubner
Acclaimed Contributor.

I'm sorry, you lost me somewhere...

Yur first post said you wanted to stop them from being copied.

Your next post said you _did_ stop them from being copied, and now you want to know how they're being copied?
vijiitrc
Respected Contributor.

Hi Jacob,

as per my post, I do not want to copy the date fields.

My question is -> Whenever i do 'Copy Record' from the Task which is in 'Implement' Phase, the new task opens with the phase 'build' and the date fields are no longer visible....Because, the date fields are visible only in the 'implement' phase. i mean i can not test it in anyway.
vijiitrc
Respected Contributor.

closed