Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't open a CI after applying autoformat in CI view

Highlighted

can't open a CI after applying autoformat in CI view

I built a custom CI view which marks all CIs whith a specific related service 'red'. After doing that I cannot open a CI with this related service and I also cannot relate one of these CIs to a service call.

My autoformat condition is 'Used by these Business Services;Service' euqals... and there I selected one of my services.
After removing the autoformat condition everything works well again.
4 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Re: can't open a CI after applying autoformat in CI view

Mark,

You're a lucky guy. I can't even find out how to set that as a condition ! What version are you on?

-Josh

We are using SD 4.5 SP9.
Regarding the condition:
You have to TYPE it into the fields box to use this condition.
There are some threads around here with tips how to search for fields like History lines etc.
The trick is to TYPE these fields when you cannot select these in the form. To get an idea what syntax to use you can look at the 'References' of an entity (via 'Actions-References') and look in the column at the right. Than you have to replace all dots into semicolons.
E.g. to search for a history line you see the reference History.subject then you can search for History;subject when you type this into the advanced search form (or into the filter conditions)...
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Mark,

Doesn't work on SP18 either.

We always knew that typing in fields instead of selecting them from a list could run into a wall somewhere, and that there was no guarantee that H-P would continue to allow this.

-Josh

since using Openview Service Desk we are used to work with workarounds (this is ITIL!) ;-)

I can understand that there won't be any support for queries typed in directly but in many cases it helps a lot...
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event