adding work order with special form to service call

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Nancy Badie Adl
Valued Contributor.

adding work order with special form to service call

hi,
how can i choose the work order's form to be used when i want to add it to service call.
when i use the "add" tab ,it always add the default form,how can i change it.
thanks.
4 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: adding work order with special form to service call

Hello Nancy,

You cannot change this, however you can use sd_dataform to launch a new workorder related to service call using any form you like. Doing that has one more advantage: You can pass whatever field you want from service call to workorder and not only those specified in copy fields.

There is only one constrain: The service call must have ID assigned to it. So if your settings are to assign ID to service call after saving it you cannot use this method in new service calls.

For example the following command will create a new workorder related to service call, using "Work order (myform" as form. It sets workorder;category to a specific category and copy Service Call's assignment to;person to workorder requestor, set workorder's affected person (a custom workorder person field we use) to service call's caller and sets affected ci (custom workorder ci field we use) to service call's ci. The -ForceNew is used to create a new workorder

sd_dataform.bat "Work order (myform)" +"Service Call.ID=[ID]" +"Category=Service Call" +"Requestor.Searchcode=[Assignment;To person;Searchcode]" +"Affected Person.Searchcode=[Caller;Searchcode]" +"Affected CI=[Configuration Item]" -ForceNew

Using sd_dataform you can do some pretty interesting things: Have a look at http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=808712
menes fhtagn
Nancy Badie Adl
Valued Contributor.

hello,
i didn't try to use sd_dataform.kindly tell me the full detailed steps to use it.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

First you gonna have to use a custom boolean of "button" type. (You must use 4.5 SP7 or higher for this)

Then you must create a smart action that is going to be used to launch the command.

Then you should create a rule that when the button is pressed to launch the smart action and to unset button in order to be able to create a second work order.

Have a look at http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=806269
menes fhtagn
Terry A. Moir
Outstanding Contributor.

Actually, you can create the Smart Action prior to SP7. Users can access it by assigning the Smart Action to their role, then the users can use the drop down Action menu item. We did this at SP3.

Here's a screen shot of the System Action we use for reference. Replace "Master Work Order" with your form name. Also in the Admin console, under Applications, we set the 'Service Desk Form' to sd_dataform.bat.

T