The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Email Notification from Service Desk

Highlighted
Adeel Mehmood
Regular Collector

Wrong Email Notification from Service Desk

Hi,

we are facing a Problem that Service Desk is generating a few wrong Emails realted to Service calls. This was not happening 1 week before . we have been using Service Desk 4.5 SP17 since last 2 years.we not changes any DB rule in last 2 weeks realted to Service Calls.
The Problem is when a user logs a Service Call through Service Pages web interface . the Status of Service is Set to Registered and an Email is generated to User that your Call has been logged BUT without the status change from ( Register to Close ) an Email is generated to USer that your service call has been closed .when you go to Service desk the Service call is still in INPROGRESS Status but yet not closed . i have also checked the history of that service calls for which wrong emails were generated .

kindly guide what should i do .
4 REPLIES
Adeel Mehmood
Regular Collector

Re: Wrong Email Notification from Service Desk

Hi,

Just wanted add a Simple Line that Describes this problem ( We are getting Service Call Closure Email notification but the Service call is still Open )

thanks
Adeel Mehmood
Rajesh Nair
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Adeel,
What does the email content show ? Do you capture the status of the call in the email which goes to the user ?

Regards

Rajesh
Steven Nicklin
Occasional Contributor

It's also quite useful in all emails to stick the rule number onto the bottom of the email. It makes debugging a lot easier.
Adeel Mehmood
Regular Collector

thanks for your suggestion , its very helpful. will you tell me how can i control the Email Alerts which service desk generates without DB rules.

best regardsAM
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event