Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workorder View Needed

Highlighted
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Workorder View Needed

Hello,
Under WO in ovsd 4.5 sp9 the "grouping" (ovsd pre-defined group) called Configuration Items lists:
- Configuration Item
- Configuration Item Name
- Work Order ID
- Work Order Description

You also have CI's updated and Upd. Cmdb Status fields below in the form.

My question is this, how would I get the Configuration item/Configuration Item Name listed in this "grouping" into a view for workorders so that they would be easily identified???
The only choices one has for CI fields under WO to include in the view are:
- Upd. CMDB status
- Upd. CMDB status state
- CI's updated

2nd Part:
If I were to create say a custom field and use UI rules to punch in the CI listed I still can't because "the related" CI has no idicator/choice for fields as well.

We use the WO's to assign fixes based changes in our environment, one change could have 50 WO's assigned each with a different CI associated to it and the only field I can pull for the view is the CI field from either SR, CR, or Problem... why?

See attachment for more info.
Thank you for your time,
Marc
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
4 REPLIES
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Re: Workorder View Needed

Thoughts anyone? :)
Stan Antonites
Regular Collector

Marc

Use the "Configuration Item" custom field under Workorder Custom fields to store your CI used on the WO. Rename it to say "Workorder CI".

It will give you all the normal CI fields for your View.

Stan
Terry A. Moir
Esteemed Contributor

You could use an explorer view, with a leaf for the Configuration Items listed on the Work Order. The problem with this view is that you can't see all CI's at once that are related to Work Orders.

Without an external reporting tool, the best I can offer is to create a custom field on the CI, and set it when it is related to a Work Order through a Work Order DB rule (and reset it when Work Order is closed, for example). That would allow you to compose a CI view that show all CI's related to Work Orders.
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Both suggestions helped, enabled the custom fields and used an explorer view, added leaf.
thanks to both of you.
Marc
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event