Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with HP Service Desk

Highlighted
Bharath Krishna
Occasional Contributor

Working with HP Service Desk

Hello,
I am new to HP Service Desk and looking at working with the same. I have used the Install / Administrator / User guide to install HP SD 4.5 Server / Database / Client. I am able to start the application server and the client and am able to login to the SD screens. I have also installed Service Pages and logged in using the Service Pages User ID.
My question is HP SD is used for posting Service Calls to different users apart from other ITIL processes. When a Service Call is posted to a specific User / Group, a email needs to be sent to that User or Group Users and when that specific User logs in, he / she should be able to see the call in the Services Today Page. How this setup needs to be done. Is there any document / pdf where I can get a step by step process about this.
6 REPLIES
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor

Re: Working with HP Service Desk

Hi Bharath,

What service pack are you using with SD?

What you are requesting is possible, you need to setup a Database rule to trigger an email everytime a call is assigned, we have something similar in place, the rule is:-

When service call is created
OR When service call is modified
where Assignment;Assignment Status (*) equals New
AND NOT (Assignment;To person (*) is empty)
New Service Call (Send e-mail message) , Send to: [Assignment;To person;E-mail], Subject: Service Call [Title], Message: Service Call [ID] has been assigned to you.

This rule triggers an email when a call is created or modified and the person field is not empty.

you can setup a rule to email a group if this is what you also require, we have one:-

When service call is created
OR When service call is modified
where Assignment;To workgroup (*) equals Service Management
AND Category equals Incident
Email Service Management (Send e-mail message) , Send to: service_management@xxxxx.co.uk

You can then create system views for your users to be able to see the calls assigned to them. Service desk has some built in views such as "open service calls assigned to my team" this one would be useful to you.

You may need to read the "Help" in Service Desk to find out more about rules and views.
There is also a Service Desk Computer based training(CBT) CD, you may want to contact HP and get a copy.

Hope this helps

Jay

Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor

Did this help you at all?

if so then please assign points.
Bharath Krishna
Occasional Contributor

From your reply I did get some information about the Business rules which was very useful. But I am still stuck at my first problem which is viewing the events by user. I could not find a view which mentioned View Open events assigned to my team to me which I am still working on.
MHK
Frequent Visitor

hi
have you created view for them? if yes please check filter applied?

do you required any help in designing views?
Bharath Krishna
Occasional Contributor

Yes.
Now I have created a view and also created a filter and I am able to view only the service calls assigned to a specific user.
But surprising the created view is missing now. I am sure I have not deleted the view but it is missing now in the view. There are only default views.
Another question which I have now is .... I would like a user only access the view eg; YOUR_VIEW which I created with the filter. How do I provide access for a user only for "YOUR_VIEW" which is created.
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor

access to views can be controlled by role.
admin console > security > role, select a role then select a module(i.e. service call) click advance and the 3rd tab along is views.

you can relate the views required for that role.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event