cancel

Work Order Templates with Precedence Cause Duplicate WOs

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Joe Knudsen
Acclaimed Contributor.

Work Order Templates with Precedence Cause Duplicate WOs

I am using SD 4.5 SP17. My Workflow is like this: Workorder 1 is done first - and then workorder 2 can start so it has Workorder 1 as precedence. When Workorder 2 is complete Workorder 3, 4 and 5 can start so 3, 4 and 5 has workorder 2 as Precedence. I then create a Change Template select Workorders 3, 4 and 5. When using that change template I get duplicates work orders for work order 1 and 2. Other cases also cause duplicates. Like Workorder 1 must be done first. Then Workorder 2 and 3 are precedence to 1. So they can be started and then Worker 4 is precedence to both 2 and 3. Then I select Workorder 4 in the Change template and that also causes duplicates. Any ideas? What if anything I'm I doing wrong?
Trust Jesus
5 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Work Order Templates with Precedence Cause Duplicate WOs

Hi Joe,

Basically this is the way is in 4.5. Unless you start scripting using the web API you can only set up serial dependent workorders within a chnage template.

The only thisng is to make the WO which follows the parallel ones only have 1 of them as its predecessor.

It is onle of the very very very few areas where version 5 is better as it does handle these.

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Joe,

Basically this is the way is in 4.5. Unless you start scripting using the web API you can only set up serial dependent workorders within a chnage template.

The only thing is to make the WO which follows the parallel ones only have 1 of them as its predecessor.

It is one of the very very very few areas where version 5 is better as it does handle these.

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Joe Knudsen
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thanks Ruth that is what I was afraid of. Do it work to just delete the extra ones created before saving the change? Any workarounds for the issue?
Trust Jesus
MarkvL
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi Joe,

Check out the attached pdf document, I think this is what you are looking for.

The document and needed files can be found in the API folder in your service pack.

Mark
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Joe Knudsen
Acclaimed Contributor.

Mark,
thanks for the document. I read other mentions of that autowo nice to get the details. Does not seem like a trival effort.
Trust Jesus