Work Order Completion

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Dwyane Everts_1
Honored Contributor

Work Order Completion

Hope all are having a good Monday!

I have an issue with the "Wait for Work Order Completion" functionality.

I have a service call template created for account creation. This SC has 3 workorders associated with it, 1 for each account that needs to be created. I also have the "Wait for Work Order Completion" check box selected.

Based on the reading, when all the related workoders are "closed" then the SC is supposed to close itself...correct? Mine doesn't!

Any experience on where to start t-shooting is greatly appreciated!

Dwyane
3 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Work Order Completion

Hi Dwyane,

When you are relating work orders to an item you select the "Wait for Work Order Completion" check box.
When the item that has open work orders related to it, the Closed statuses codes will not be available, preventing you or another user from accidentally closing an item before all of the related work is completed.

So when all related workorders are closed the option to close the service call is made available again but needs to be closed manually unless you have automated this in some way.
Dwyane Everts_1
Honored Contributor

Mark,

Thanks for the response...that clarifies the issue for me!!!

Dwyane
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

No worries,

it should be possible to automate the closure with some rules - though it may not be too clean especialy if mandatory fields are required on closure.

You can pass updates to the service calls based on conditions from the workorders.

This may be helpfull.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event