Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Why do some Scheduled tasks not trigger? SD 4.5

Highlighted
Michael Gregor
Outstanding Contributor.

Why do some Scheduled tasks not trigger? SD 4.5

Hi all.

I just wonder why some Scheduled tasks do not trigger, and if this has any significance or impact on performance?

Is it possible to delete only "old" ones, I mean the ones that didn't trigger?

Any views on this will be appreciated, and rewarded :-).

Regards,
Michael
6 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Why do some Scheduled tasks not trigger? SD 4.5

Hi Michael,

some good resources in the following thread

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1196741

Also, could it be that the conditions for the scheduled task are not met by the time it is set to run and thus fails.

Can you switch on DB rule debug and see what is happening by the extra entries in the log?

Michael Gregor
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks for the info Mark. Have you tried the tool Mark van Leeuwen suggested? I am unable to open the attachment he submitted.

Michael
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Michael,

I don't recall. I don't seem to have the file.

In the later SP's there is a .cmd/.exe file that allows you to check rules for deserlialisation - maybe that will help.

Another option is to un the following command from the folder where "sd_servermanager.bat" is located. Then check the log files for additional updates - may need to trigger the scheduled tasks - be aware that this can increate the logserver.txt quickly so don't leave it on for too long

ON
sd_servermanager.bat /monitor uskan-sts15 30999 com.hp.ifc.ev.dbrules.AppDBRuleManager setMonitoring true

Off
sd_servermanager.bat /monitor uskan-sts15 30999 com.hp.ifc.ev.dbrules.AppDBRuleManager setMonitoring false
Michael Gregor
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi again Mark.

We don't have the sd_servermanager.bat you mention. We run SD on a Solaris platform, so it might be a different setup from yours.

Michael
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

that command is for windows alright. Not sure the the equivalent is for Solaris - sorry.
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Michael,

Rescheduling old tasks has worked very well for me in the past. You need more than one physical appserver to use this option, though.

I'm not sure if there's an equivalent for *nix environments but if you have the Service Desk installation bits for Windows, you may install the server portion on your own PC (no need to run an additional SD appserver instance though) and use the sd_servermanager.bat from there.

Also, from what I see, all sd_servermanager.bat does is call com.hp.startup.Bootstrap and com.hp.ifc.ui.AppServerManager in lib\classloader.jar.

Hope that helps. Points are welcome.

The Pike