Which SP to go for with SD 4.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Badrinath H K
Collector

Which SP to go for with SD 4.5

Hi,

I am starting a fresh installation and implementation of Service Desk 4.5 and would like to know which SP to install.

Appreciate if you could tell me which SP's I should install based on the stability and functionality.

Thanks and Regards,
Badrinath
9 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: Which SP to go for with SD 4.5

HI
SP17, if you are have not plan migrate to 5, SP20.

Vasily
Avijit Dutta
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dear.... you can use SP 13 for Server and Client... In my organization we r using this from last 1.5 years with any issue...

regards,
avijit
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Sorry, 13 have one big bug: remove one organization from SLA recivers, Save and you can't add any more to Recivers, need remove all Recivers, Save and add new list of Recivers. Don't use 13.

Vasily
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

as Vasily said SP 20 unless you want to go to Ver 5.1 sometime in the future. After Sp 20 they should only be bug fixes that provided in the SP's so why not take advantage of all the latest functionality in SP 20 especially if you are to do a new installation.
Badrinath H K
Collector

Hi Mark/Vasily,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

I have one query; Can i directly install SP20 on a fresh installation of SD 4.5 OR do u recommend me to first install other service packs and then finally SP20.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers !!!
Badri
Badrinath H K
Collector

Hi Mark/Vasily,

I am also not able to find SP20 for download instead SP21 is available for download.

Any Suggestions?

Regards,
Badri
Deepika G
Regular Collector
Solution

Hey Badri,

You can download SP20 from here:
http://openview.hp.com/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=SDSK_00082

Deepika
Ken Briscoe
Honored Contributor

Hi.
I agree with the above - ie SP17 if you ever plan to migrate to V5, otherwise SP20 or SP21. We will going to SP21 from SP7 shortly.
See also this forum item on SP20 vs 21. : http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1096140
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

if it is a new install you could try the direct upgrade to SP 20. If it was a previous install I would probably had looked at a 2 step approach depending on the type of customisations made.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event