Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is de the call ID stored in the database

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted

Where is de the call ID stored in the database

We have tested a new SD4 implementation and made some testcalls. Now we want to reset the incident en servicecall ID.

How can we do that? We deleted al calls and incidents.

Or is it stored somewhere on the application server?
16 REPLIES
Martine Ariese
Honored Contributor

Re: Where is de the call ID stored in the database

The ID's for servicecalls are stored in ITSM_SERVICECALLS.SER_ID (note that ITSM_SERVICECALLS.SER_OID is the primary key). The sequences are stored in IFC_SEQUENCES for each item. I'm not sure if resetting the values in this table will screw up your application. I always find it tricky to modify data not using the Service Desk application interface because of data integrity reasons.

Regards, Martine.

Martine Ariese
Honored Contributor

Think about if you realy want to reset the incident and service call numbers when switching from test to production. When customers receive the call number 1 they might feel like a guinea pig and loose confidence in the support organisation. This is why some organisations start their numbering at for example 1000.

Yeah,

We used Sd3 for some time now. We decided to start over with SD4. We made some testcalls and we wanted to know how to set the call number. We have set the callnumber where we left of with SD3.
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Roland - if you use this SQL from SERVICEDESKREPO you can see where each sequence has got to :-

select ent_name,seq_usn from ifc_entities, ifc_sequences
where ent_oid = seq_cat_oid
order by ent_name

I'll let you derive the update. I have successfully reset things like Service Call but I wouldn't mess around with all of them!
Harald Haas
Acclaimed Contributor

I??ve the same problem, but I have to set ID counter to 1000. Does anyone have a howto?

rgds

hh
Martin Gould
Super Collector

Hi,

Did anyone find a solution to this, we would like to start service calls from 10000, incidents 20000, problem 30000 etc.

Thanks
MG
Jasper Verweij
Honored Contributor
Solution

I have made a script for it, which I have attached here.

Please test the script first in your testing environment before implementing with production!!!!

Any comments are very welcome of course,

Jasper
Jasper Verweij
Honored Contributor

...it is an Oracle script!!!

Changing the script to suit SQl Server shouldn't be too difficult though!

Jasper
Jasper Verweij
Honored Contributor

another important warning:

only lower the sequence number if data of entity in corresponding table (service call --> ITSM_SERVICECALLS) is truncated as well, otherwise Service Desk will mess up with double ID's with doubtful results!!!!

The script provided before is in my case part of another script which I use to empty database, but maintain all Service Desk configuration like forms, templates, sd_accounts, views, roles, codes, etc. The last step is resetting the sequence numbering to a value you want...

Jasper

We found out how to do it.

You have to login with sqlplus to the sd4 database with the user servicedesk repo account (service_desk_repo?) defined in the database account wizard.

In ifc_sequences the numbers are stored. I'm not sure if the numbers are the same. You have to find out for yourself.

With the following commands in sqlplus, we set the servicedesk call number to 30588 (seq_usn). The number 563019801 means you wanna update servicecall. But again, I'm not sure if this number is the same for every installation.

update ifc_sequences
set seq_usn=30588
where seq_cat_oid = 563019801;

The same applies to al other items like incidents. They are found in ifc_sequences. You have to check with Toad or something when you update one of the items which item number it represents. Be careful when changing the numbers though.

Made something to find out the numbers from the items and their current values:

Try the follwing in sqlplus statement under the servicedesk repo account:

select b.ent_name, a.seq_cat_oid, a.seq_usn
from ifc_sequences a, ifc_entities b
where a.seq_cat_oid=b.ent_oid;

Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Roland - isn't that what I said on June 07 ?????
Jasper Verweij
Honored Contributor

yep, I was thinking the same Mike :-)

Glad people appreciate my script as well....

Jasper

Mike, yes, is it the same you said but we also needed the ser_cat_oid for the update.

and Jasper... Little late but life is so much easier now. Great script :)
Jasper Verweij
Honored Contributor

hmm, Roland are you trying to give yourself points by having two ITRC-users???

If you want to get rid of one of them, you could send Dan (one of the forum administrators) an email at itrc_forums@am.exch.hp.com

Jasper
Ali Safwan
Super Collector

Hi,
i wana know the next value of ser_oid
from where can i get it ?

Regards
Ali Safwan
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event