The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the exact 'target' path for the SD 4.5 client?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
SD_3
Regular Collector

What is the exact 'target' path for the SD 4.5 client?

Hello all,

Did you ever wonder what is the exact 'target' path for the SD client on your computer? On W2K environment, the target is hidden and I have to find it because of a packaging problem on my client's environment. I first thought the target was simply the 'sd_client.bat' in \client\bin, but a DOS window appears with the SD client (not very friendly)..I tried many things and I even found that the actual target was something like 'C:\winnt\installer\{04....}\SD.exe' (No, I'm not kidding!).. Anybody has any idea?I'm completely lost in this. I'm using SP11. Thanks !

SD
4 REPLIES
Nick Brace
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: What is the exact 'target' path for the SD 4.5 client?

Hi,

the target path is

\\machine\install folder\bin\sdlaunch.exe bin\sd_client.ini

this is under SP10 on good old "NT4" client

hope this helps?

Nick
Pint of Carlsberg please?
liborj
Regular Collector

Do you mean the icon on Desktop?
It's not common link, it's special object.
I had some toubles with it when I was making Radia package for SD client.
IMHO the only realy correct way to create this is by installing client.
If you want to create the icon with exactly same funcionality you have to also define that object in registry.
SD_3
Regular Collector

Thanks a lot Nick, exactly the answer I was waiting for !

Something to notice for other people who'd try this solution: I had already tried the "sdlaunch.exe sd_client.ini" combination, but had java class not found error. The main idea is in fact to create a shortcut which 'starts in' %SD_CLIENTHOME% directory and which is linked to 'sdlaunch.exe bin\sd_client.ini' (and NOT 'sd_client.ini' only, even if the 2 files are in the same directory!!!!!).

Thanks again Nick !! U deserve the points ;)!

SD
Andri TSL
Super Collector

Hi guys, further from Nick's advise, I was posed with some little difficulties in trying to publish OVSD as a published application within citrix. Naturally I couldnt pose a published apps through a shortcut / link, and using Nick's concept, the following is what I did and now SD is published succesfully.

1. Copy SDLaunch.exe from its original location to %SD_ClientHome% directory

2. Under the Application location, specify the following on the command line for the published Apps.

"M:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\client\sdlaunch.exe" "M:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\client\bin\sd_client.ini"

3. Under working directory specify the below directory

M:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\client

Thanks again Nick :) u Rock
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event