Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weirdness in mass relating Service Calls to Incident

Highlighted
Iceman_1
Super Collector

Weirdness in mass relating Service Calls to Incident

I'm running Service Desk 4.5 SP11....

Somewhere in the forum I found a way of relating several Service Calls to Incidents, and the process for this are:

1. Open your ServiceCall ang go on tab Relation;
2. Give F2 from keyboard or from menu Tools select Advanced Search;
3. Search for your incident;
4. Select all of them from Search result list by using Shift or Control.
5. With left mouse button drag and drop them to field relation on ServiceCall form.
6. Select type of relation

It appears this work for everyone EXCEPT for System Administrator... Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue and if future service pack will fix this?
6 REPLIES
Jonathon Druce
Honored Contributor

Re: Weirdness in mass relating Service Calls to Incident

I can do this OK as system admin and have been able to do so since SP15 (I didn't try it before SP15 because I didn't know about it). When you say it doesn't work, which part?
Iceman_1
Super Collector

The part that doesn't work is when highlight and drag the Service Calls over to the Relations tab of the Incident - instead of displaying a "page" with a "+" icon to it, it displays a circle with a line across it. So it doesn't allow to drag and drop using the system administrator role. But other users can.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

This works on SP 12 fine. I have to drag the mouse into the relations area (white area) its self to work. If I just drag to the top of the relations tab it doesn't work.
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Iceman,

I confirm that on our instances, your desired functionality works correctly in SP8 when logged with the system account, or with another user that has system administrator rights.

Is it possible that your PCs log has any messages that could help explain the problem?

-Josh
AngieP
Regular Collector

Hi,

This works on SP 10 just fine for me and like Mark, I have to drag the mouse into the relations area (white area) itsself to work. If I just drag to the top of the relations tab it doesn't work.
Iceman_1
Super Collector

Thanks everyone. I will investigate this further.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event