Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Webconsole and Configuration Item error

Highlighted
JoeW
New Member.

Webconsole and Configuration Item error

Hi All,

I'm having difficulty with the WebConsole and accessing configuration items. When I do an advanced find for a configuration item, the results will be displayed below the search fields. All relevant data is shown and seems to be pulled from the DB. However, when I click on the link for that CI and the popup window loads, I get "The selected item is not available."

If I take another route to select the CI(click Configuration Item on the left menu) I get a different error: "Data Unavailable".

Service calls and work orders display fine with all of the correct information. Does anyone have any idea why this is occuring?

The attachment shows the "data unavailable" error. It is simple enough, I just wanted you to know what I was seeing. The other error looks the same, but with different text obviously.

Thanks in advance!!
3 REPLIES
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Webconsole and Configuration Item error

Hi Joe,

Check the access rights to the user that you are using to access this. If you can access the remaining details from DB, it can't be a DB connectivity issue. Also, check your DB for inconsistency using the "sd_dbconfigwizard.bat -CHECKSTRUCTURE" command.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
JoeW
New Member.

Hi Saurabh,

I apologize for not clarifying. I don't believe it is a DB issue as all data is available using the OV Service Desk client. All CIs can be viewed along with anything else that should be available. I suppose it could have something to do with user rights related to the web portal only, but the said user is able to access all information from within the client. Not to mention any Service Calls and Work Orders from the portal.

In light of this information(which I should have supplied in the first place), are their any other reccommendations?

Thank you!!

-Joe
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Joe,

Some questions:

1. Is this user getting this error only when you log on from this system (particular desktop) or from every system you try??

2. Can you please give the apache error log and output log for the same??

3. Can you show the trace for the error through the web-console Admin mode (enable trace)??

These answers may give more insight to your situation.

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.