Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebConsole License Usage/Timeout

Highlighted
Jason C. Basket
Super Collector

WebConsole License Usage/Timeout

We have a 3 server setup (Application, DB, and WebConsole). For some reason, the WebConsole keeps adding additional "Logged on Users" for the same user during the WebConsole session. For instance, I logged on at 14:06 yesterday and by 16:15, the Admin Console stated the I was logged in 3 times all from the Client Hostname of the WebConsole Server. I confirmed that I only hade one windows up on my system. I then logged out of the system via WebConsole and only the last Logged on User went away. Eventually, the other 2 timed out about an hour later. This is creating a problem, with users that are "Concurrent Users" and we are running out of licenses for the "Concurrent Users".

Jason

Jason C. Baskett
MCSE, CCNA
Technology Consultant, HP Services
Federal Consulting and Integration
Hewlett-Packard Company
Office Phone - 410-530-0313
On-site Phone - 240-373-2185
Cell Phone - 410-530-0313
E-Mail - Jason.Baskett@hp.com
4 REPLIES
William_157

Re: WebConsole License Usage/Timeout

Hi Jason I have the same problem and I putted a call on HP in January and I donâ t received the solution jet. We work with SP and DB in one server and WebCobsole in other.
Jason C. Basket
Super Collector

I have tried to change the session timeout on the SD App server, but this didn't work... I have someone else looking at this and hopefully will find a solution from here or there and will post if I find something out.

Jason
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor

You may have networking problems. If the session between the webconsole and applications server is lost, the console will reconnect, leaving a broken connection there. If you have network probelms, this will quickly lead to several sessions for the same user.
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

This could be related to this new problem. http://openview.hp.com/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=ITSM008144
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event