Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web services - Date format problem

Highlighted
Juan Roberto De
Acclaimed Contributor

Web services - Date format problem

Hi, I'm working on a web service client with Java Axis for the ServiceDesk.wsdl service (We have Service Center 6.2 installed)

I'm getting a java.lang.NumberFormatException - Invalid date, because the client couldn't convert the schemaRevisionDate to a Java Date. Value for schemaRevisionDate is 00:00:00.

Anybody knows a way to configure Service Center in order to get a date that Java can handle? Or any other ideas on this?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES
Sombrerero_Loco
Regular Collector

Re: Web services - Date format problem

Hi there. i Was facing the same issue, with no fix at the moment. As a workaround, we changed the class type from date to string, so it use 00.00.00 as a string and dont care about if its malformed or wrong. AS far as i know, this date its useless for the SC and Webservices, because changing that doesnt alter anything.
Hope that helps
Juan Roberto De
Acclaimed Contributor

It worked like a charm!

Thank you Nicholas!

taoub_1
Occasional Contributor

Guys, help me!
What class should I change? Please provide me a bit more information.
Juan Roberto De
Acclaimed Contributor

You can change the schemaRevisionDate to a valid date as a Service Center administrator.

Utilities -> Administration -> System Information Record -> WEB services API ->

You have to edit th value of the schemaRevisionDate to a valid date, for instance: '05/13/09 00:00:00'.... this will requiere a server restar to take effect in the WSDL file...

After this change, your client should be working fine...
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event