Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web console X UI Rules.

Highlighted
quelen
Occasional Contributor

Web console X UI Rules.

Hello,

UI rules could be executed in Web Console? I created a UI rule where I set the current person to field. However, when I login using webconsole this rule does not work different when I login using a client installation from Service Desk.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES
Robert Champion
Regular Collector

Re: Web console X UI Rules.

The Web UI in SD 4.5 does not support UI rules. It is a limitation of the product.

I am not sure of SD 5.0, maybe someone else can comment.

Carol Hibbard
Honored Contributor

The Web Console UI features in SD 5.x are the same as in 4.5. There is currently an enhancement request to have the Web Console support LDAP and AD authentication like the SD 5.x Java client.
David Iannucci
Regular Collector

Gee, I am so used to hearing about things that are "broken" in SD, that it's shocking for me to report something working that everyone else thinks doesn't work!

I've got UI rules that work just *fine* in the web console for SD 4.5 SP 17. In fact I'm almost impressed at how well they work...

Dave
Don't believe everything you think.
Web UI
Acclaimed Contributor

Actually the new Web UI for SD 5.x fully supports UI rules.
Carol Hibbard
Honored Contributor

What SP are you using?

SD 4.5 SP20 included an enhancement to the Web Console to support all UI rules as the SD 5.1 Web Console does.

http://openview.hp.com/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=ITSM008526
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

That was a nice feature (and much needed one) too, which was added to SP 20.
Carol Hibbard
Honored Contributor

In your opinion, does the addition of this feature make the Web Console a more viable solution for production use?

Are there any missing "showstopper" features in the Web Console at this point?
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

It would though there are still short comings - not being able to use UI rules was a big one. This doc should help decide (if you dont have it already)
Loys
Esteemed Contributor

I have a similar requirement for restricting status list for a selection, i created a UI rule it work well with thin client and doesnt do anything in web console.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event