Did you mean: 

Web access to ServiceDesk

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jess O'Brien
Super Collector

Web access to ServiceDesk

I'm an SD4.5 user rather than an Admin so please be gentle. We have a requirement to give our customers access to their service calls through SD on our support site (the way we used to do it was with servelets,i.e., customer filled in form, data went into SD, returned a SC ID and everyone was happy .. we no longer have this option but we want the same functionality) but right now we have no SD admin .. what specific skills should I be looking for in a new admin to get this done.

Jess
8 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Web access to ServiceDesk

Hi Jess,

hope this helps in some way. To me this would be the basic level that I would be looking for however in realaty it is more dificuly to get one person that fits all 3 requirements.

1) Someone with enough knowledge to be able to design the servce call form to include the required fields, attributes and codes etc. that you will need.

2) Someone with knowledge of JSP to be able to modify the Service Pages .jsp files to add and remove the fields that you want displayed on the Service Pages.

3) Someone with process skills (ITIL skills if possible) who can model the requirements that you have into the above form, attributes and codes etc.
Jess O'Brien
Super Collector

Mark, thanks for that ..you throw up another question for me .. can the Service Pages jsp be displayed on our site, i.e., we don't want to direct customers to another site .. we want it to be seamless.

Jess
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Jess,

Im not sure. I imagine it depends on what way the existing site is built.

However if you use the web api (should have mentioned this earlier)in OVSD with your existing site then it should remain seamless.
The web api will point to the data to be updated and retrieved so you can use this with your existing site.
Jess O'Brien
Super Collector

Thanks Mark, I'll do a search on that. No doubt, I'll be back with more questions.

Jess
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Jess,

here is a doc that might help someone configure this for you.
Jess O'Brien
Super Collector

Thx a mil. Should make interesting reading. Nice to see that there's someone else in Ireland using SD ..

Jess
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Jess,

that is is. If you are located in Dublin were even closer.
Jess O'Brien
Super Collector

I am in Dublin but not working for HP.

Jess
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event