Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Console for SD 4.5

Highlighted
Shanker_2
Regular Collector

Web Console for SD 4.5

I am new to HPOV I would like to know how to enable web console in SD4.5? Are they any guides avaliable for this? Please help him since I need to give a demo using Web Console. I tried Service pages but I cannot do any customisation and its very slow.

Thanks
Shanker
7 REPLIES
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Web Console for SD 4.5

Hi Shanker,

Service Desk 4.5 web console is a separate add-on product which you need to install. It's not supplied as a customization feature to SD 4.5. You can get the installables from the openview web site. It's available for all the versions of SD4.5 which have a Service Pack of 10 or grater. This package comes along with service pack for SD4.5.

Once installed, you can access the SD web console through the web on port 8080 (default). If you are planning for a default installation, make sure that you install SD web console on a server, different than the SD service pages server. Service pages and web console are not recommended on a single hardware.

-Ram
Shanker_2
Regular Collector

Hi Ram

Thanks for your help. I will try this weekend.

Thanks
Shanker
Shanker_2
Regular Collector

Hi Ram

I could not find SD4.5 Web Console in HPOV site. Can you send me the link please. Is is a free download?

Thanks
Shanker
Dwayne A

Shanker,

The web console is a service pack depending on the current SP Service Desk is on.

http://support.openview.hp.com/patches/sdsk/4.5/win.jsp
Shanker_2
Regular Collector

Hi Dwyane

Thanks for the reply but the link you gave me is for patches. I am not sure web console is avaliable as package with SD4.5. I am sure it is avaliable in SD5.0.
Ram told me it is available as add-on which can be downloaded from HPOP website. But I could not find it.

If you know where i can get that add-on please let me know.

Thanks
Shanker
Gerry Allardice
Honored Contributor

The web console is fully installed using the software patch that matches the service desk service pack. You dont need anything else.
Jonathon Druce
Honored Contributor

Excapt you will need the JSDK for version 1.4 or above.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event