Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning when Change is planned within a Schedule

Highlighted
Rodd_1
Regular Collector

Warning when Change is planned within a Schedule

Hi all,

Is it possible to trigger an UI rule whenever the Start/Finish dates for a Change is within the time frame of a Schedule? Every year during summer and around christmas no changes are allowed in the IT infrastructure.
My thought was to create a Schedule that is updated regularly with these planned dates. When you try to schedule a Change within the dates you get an information saying that this is not allowed.
However, it seems like a date attribute in an UI rule cannot be based on a predefined Schedule. Am I right and is there a workaround in that case?

Regards,
Mikael
3 REPLIES
Jacob Heubner
Honored Contributor

Re: Warning when Change is planned within a Schedule

What version of Service Center/ Service Manager are you running?
Rodd_1
Regular Collector

Hi Jacob!

We are actually running OVSD 5.1.

Regards,
Mikael
Jacob Heubner
Honored Contributor

Sorry I didn't respond back to you sooner.

I haven't worked with 5.1, but this solution has worked in 6.x and SM7.

In the subroutines tab of the cm3r format control, we call the script.execute application to run a SC script before a record is added or updated.

The script has 4 panels:
Using rtecalls, we initialize and search the cmcalendar table (the table storing dates for our "Freeze Periods") for any records where the planned start of the change, the planned end of the change, or both, is between the start time and end time of the Freeze record. If a record is found, the user gets a message. If not, they are allowed to save the change.

For more information about rtecalls, look for the SC4.x, SC5.x tailoring guides. One of them (I think volume 3) has information on rtecalls.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event