Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Waiting Status for Service Call

Highlighted
Philippe Rigaud
New Member.

Waiting Status for Service Call

Hi,

My customer whiches to implement the "waiting" state for the service call, which stop the elapsed time to the deadline corresponding to the SL of the Service.

This can happen when the caller is not there or when the receiving organization is closed for holidays.

When the status is set to another value, then the elapsed time since the sc is in waiting status, is added to the deadline.

Many thanks for your help.
5 REPLIES
Ramaprasad N
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Waiting Status for Service Call

Limited to my knowledge, there is no way to stop the timer/clock in OVSD. So, the status text is just an indicator and will never stop the clock.

However, you can change the 'state' of the status to 'Non-Accountable' and get related reports from Analyzed data or custom reporting. Java programs coded using OVSD Web-APIs are also available, to achieve this functionality.
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Philippe,

This facility is not available in HPSD and is very difficult to add using DB rules etc because of taking support hours into account unless you are prepared to write some additional code using the web API.

You can of course adjust the deadline manually during the call and reporting can be written to ensure that time spent in a waiting status do not count against any SLAs.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Carlos_211
Super Contributor.

I have an idea.

You can create a new date field available for service calls.

When the status of a service call is set to "waiting", a DB rule is triggered and set that new date field with the current date.

When the status of a service call is changed again to a state different from "waiting" you can change the deadline date (with a rule) adding the difference beetwen the current date and the date stored in the new data field.

It is only an idea. I hope this can help you. Any expert can check if this can be done?

Ciao, Carlos
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi there,

We have tried Carlos's idea in the past and have hit the following:

1. it does not take support hours into account
2. The addtimespan function only allows to add a fixed time not another field.

so as I said before you either have to accept that you cannot "stop the clock" automatically or write some java code to do it all.

Frustrating isn't it?

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Carol Hibbard
Acclaimed Contributor.

This is possible from a reporting perspective by making use of the Accountable and non-Accountable status categories.

If you want to actually change the deadline (although I'm not sure you should from an SLA perspective), you'd then have to create two custom fields (like pending to deadline and pending duration) and rules to change the deadline when you go from the non-accountable status to an accountable status.