The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait for Workorder Completion

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Gink
Regular Collector

Wait for Workorder Completion

I want my users cannot close a servicecall when related workorders have not the status Closed.

I tried the field "Wait for Workorder Completion", but they still can close servicecalls while workorders has the status "new / open / ready".

I'm on SP11. Can anyone please help me ?

Thanks in advance
Regards Ronald
8 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Wait for Workorder Completion

Hi Ronald,

Check the state of the statuses - the "Wait for Workorder Completion" will let you close the owning record once the WO has a status of state closed.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Gink
Regular Collector

Hi Ruth,

Thx for yr quick response, I checked the state of the status :

Status State
New Active
Open Active
Ready Active
Closed Closed

I have the following possibilities for State : Active / Accountable / Not Accountable / Closed.

Do I have to choose "Not Accountable" for the status "Closed" to prevent my users to close servicecalls while there are still open workorders ?
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Ronald,

To prevent users from closing servicecalls while there are workorders still open you must ensure that workorder Status Closed has state Closed.

Then if a SC had open workorders you should see that the statuses offered on the service call do not include any SC statuses which have state closed.

Hope this helps

Ruth
Gink
Regular Collector

Hi Ruth,

The state of status Closed is actually Closed. Now I changed the state of the servicecall Status Closed from active to closed. I just tried in the test environment, and it seems to work !!!

Many thanks !!!!

Regards
Ronald
Gink
Regular Collector

Now the "Wait for Workorder Completion" is working fine, I want if a Workorder is created the "Wait for Workorder Completion" is set to yes in the related Servicecall, is this possible ? And if so, how ?
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Ronald,

Try the following DB rule:

When WO is created, no condition, action data update. Now when you look at the fields offered, you will not See Service Call so TYPE in the following:

Service Call;Wait for Work Order Completion and you should see the Value option is now enabled. Choose value Yes and then this should do what you want.

Hope this helps

Ruth

Gink
Regular Collector

Hi Ruth,

Thx for yr suggestion. I made it in another way. I deleted the option in my form (so that my users cannot disable this function) en add the "Wait for Workorder Completion" with a default value Yes in my default template. I mentioned that it doesn't bother a servicecall when there are no workorders within the call.

Many thx for yr help

Regards
Ronald

Gink
Regular Collector

Hi Ruth,

Thx for yr suggestion. I made it in another way. I deleted the option in my form (so that my users cannot disable this function) en add the "Wait for Workorder Completion" with a default value Yes in my default template. I mentioned that it doesn't bother a servicecall when there are no workorders within the call.

Many thx for yr help

Regards
Ronald
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event