cancel

Wait for Change completion

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Gink
Respected Contributor.

Wait for Change completion

I just prevented my users to close a servicecall when a workorder is not closed. This works fine via Wait for Workorder Completion. (Thanks to Ruth !)

Now I want the same for changes, users should not be able to close a servicecall when a change is not closed.

Could anyone tell me how to do ?

Thnks in advance
Ronald
2 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Wait for Change completion

Hello Ronald,

You can do it using three rules, two db rules for changes and one ui rule for service call. You should also need a custom boolean field on service call.

The first rule should be like this:

When a change is created or modified and status is not closed, update related service calls and set the service call boolean to true.

The second should be like this:
when a change is modified and status=closed then update related service calls and set the service call boolean to false.

The ui rule should be like this:

Before item is saved and status=closed and the custom boolean is true, display an message of ERROR notifying user that the service call cannot be closed because of open change(s) related to it.

Make sure that the message type is ERROR (because only then the system is force user to make a change, otherwise the user can ignore it).
menes fhtagn
Gink
Respected Contributor.

Re: Wait for Change completion

George,

Thanks for the answer ! I just tried your solution, and guess what : it works the way I want !!

It was the first time that I used a Error message, it seems to be a very usefull option !

Many thanks again

Regards
Ronald