WEB API Examples(3-8)' library

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
lema
Trusted Contributor.

WEB API Examples(3-8)' library

hi guys.
i've asked my question in another similar thread, but couldn't get the answer.

well, i'm trying to connect a little java code snippet with the HPOpenview Operations. but i was said that HP SD is needed for this. so i'm considering/learning SD, webapi docs ( sd45_web_api_pg etc). Now the thing i need in most is to see how Examples run. Examples2 and 9 are runnning well with the web-api.jar library, because i found these two in a separate web-api folder. but also i found Examples1-9 in a another folder with sd-webapi.jar library. and in eclipse it is all showing an error regarding OID class/table. i've extracted both libraries and couldn't find any OID class.
so, please, if someone knows, say what should i do to run those Examples, especially Example3? Should i create my own library?? my own OID class??

thanks in advance.

lema
7 REPLIES
Raman Shcharbak
Honored Contributor.

Re: WEB API Examples(3-8)' library

So, did you read my replay on that another thread?
lema
Trusted Contributor.

yes Roma i have just replied.

let me try to explain my task at all.
i work in a cellphone company (GSM), in a development group.
1) there is a weather service on a wap site.
2) we do have HPOV Operations showing alarms when a problem occurs on servers.
3)i have written a code snippet in Java (eclipse) which checks the Weather service(1) state every 5 minute. so if the service has any prob, my program informs me about it.
4) i do want our monitoring group to see alarms on HPOV Operations when a problem appears on the weather service.

i was said that i need Example3.
lema
Trusted Contributor.

yes Roma i have just replied.

let me try to explain my task at all.
i work in a cellphone company (GSM), in a development group.
1) there is a weather service on a wap site.
2) we do have HPOV Operations showing alarms when a problem occurs on servers.
3)i have written a code snippet in Java (eclipse) which checks the Weather service(1) state every 5 minute. so if the service has any prob, my program informs me about it.
4) i do want our monitoring group to see alarms on HPOV Operations when a problem appears on the weather service.

i was said that i need Example3. is it right?? i understand it like, i create a problem on SD through Example3, and then it sends alarms onto HPOVO.
Raman Shcharbak
Honored Contributor.
Solution

wait wait,i got a little confused.
there is HPOpenview Console on aother server, into where i login through remote admin. there is nothing on my own machine except docs like programmers' guide etc/libraries/examples which our admin has sent to me. i 'm trying to run Examples in Eclipse where i have put those two libraries (web-api.jar, sd-webapi.jar). so, i guess the right library is enough to run any example which are written on java. am i wrong?
\QUOTE

If you are writing program for SD51 you must not use web-api.jar, you MUST use
sd-webapi.jar
and some of
OvObsSDK.jar
OvObsWebApi-Client.jar
OvObsWebApi-Common.jar
OvObsWebApi-Server.jar
May be some other.
All these libs you can find on a host with SD 5.1 and WebApi package installed
Raman Shcharbak
Honored Contributor.

wait wait,i got a little confused.
there is HPOpenview Console on aother server, into where i login through remote admin. there is nothing on my own machine except docs like programmers' guide etc/libraries/examples which our admin has sent to me. i 'm trying to run Examples in Eclipse where i have put those two libraries (web-api.jar, sd-webapi.jar). so, i guess the right library is enough to run any example which are written on java. am i wrong?

If you are writing program for SD51 you must not use web-api.jar, you MUST use
sd-webapi.jar
and some of
OvObsSDK.jar
OvObsWebApi-Client.jar
OvObsWebApi-Common.jar
OvObsWebApi-Server.jar
May be some other.
All these libs you can find on a host with SD 5.1 and WebApi package installed
Raman Shcharbak
Honored Contributor.

lema
Trusted Contributor.

thanks a lot, Roma. and i appreciate your help much.

i found and included those jars into eclipse, and now examples all are running.

now i've created another thread ragrding my task for which i was trying to run these examples.