Did you mean: 

Views with relation

Highlighted
Patricia_21
Regular Collector

Views with relation

Hi,

We have HPSD 4.5 SP18.
Calls are related to incidents. How can we do views with incident fields and related call fields.
For example, a view with
Incident ID, Incident Description, Call ID, Call Description, relation Type.

Thanks

Best regards

Patricia
10 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Views with relation

Hi Patricia,

Use an explorer view. Starting from either SC or incident, if you add a leaf of the other this should give you what you want.

If you need help with explorer views just ask,

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Patricia,

This can't be done through SD views. Must do it through a reporting tool like Crystal Reports or through an sql query like the one below:

select inc.INC_ID, inc.INC_DESCRIPTION, ser.SER_ID, ser.SER_DESCRIPTION, sre.SRE_RTY_OID, cdl.CDL_NAME from
itsm_incidents inc inner join itsm_service_relations sre on inc.INC_OID=SRE_INC_OID
inner join ITSM_SERVICECALLS ser on sre.SRE_SER_OID=ser.SER_OID
inner join ITSM_CODES_LOCALE cdl on sre.SRE_RTY_OID=cdl.CDL_COD_OID
where cdl.CDL_LNG_OID=1033
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Patricia,

The explorer view, as Ruth wrote, does the job right but you have to click each incident to see the related calls but I didn't though that that's you've wanted.

The point of a report is to show all incidents and all related calls without having explicity select them.
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Patricia,

The explorer view, as Ruth wrote, does the job right but you have to click each incident to see the related calls but I didn't though that that's you've wanted.

The point of the query I've posted is to show all incidents and all related calls without having explicity select them.
menes fhtagn
Patricia_21
Regular Collector

Hello ruth, george

Can you give me an example, please.

Patricia
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I assume that in the Service Call view you want to show all related incidents

You need 2 additional text fields on the service call form.
Field one: To be passed the ID of the related incident ID number
Field two: To be passed the status of the related incident

These 2 values can be set in the service call by using service call rules and the related to values to get incident values.

So now you have the incident ID and the status of the related incident in the service call. Make a filter in the service call view grouping by this new incident status field first and then by the incident ID.

In the service call view you get the Incident Status and ID. When you expand the view yo uget to see all the related service calls

Its been a while since I have had to do this - the rules were DB rules. I don't think anything else was required but please let me know if this is what you want and how you get on.
Patricia_21
Regular Collector

Thanks for your help. It's rigth

Patricia
Patricia_21
Regular Collector

Thanks
Patricia Gouchi
Acclaimed Contributor

hi, I am Patricia, I was living with Terry J. Hurley, & was under his blue cross, his policy # is 0010200026. I am trying to find out the dates that I was on this policy. My # on this policy is 77701673401. Could you please send me the dates that I was on this blue cross, it would be greatly appreciated.
William_157

Mark can u explain how creat the DB Rule

Thanks
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event