Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Viewing the attached CI's

Highlighted
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Viewing the attached CI's

Hi,

I have uploaded the attached user's details with every configuration item to HPSD.Now I want to generate a report of CI and attached users.How can I achieve the same.

Regards,
Akhil
8 REPLIES
Ramaprasad N
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Viewing the attached CI's

Where's the attachement??
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Ram,

No attachment..."attached user" means users related to CI's..(that users tab in CI form)..remember?

Pls update me incase you find any slution for the same.

Regards,
Akhil
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Akhil,

A reporting tool that reads the database directly is probably your best solution. Try the view V_CI_USER.

-Josh
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Josh,

I am using Oracle 9i and not able to view the view called V_CI_USER.Can you explain me where I can find the same?

Regards,
Akhil
Jonathon Druce
Acclaimed Contributor.

You need to generate the views - Go to the system panel in Service Desk - select System Panel - Report settings and then "Regenerate views for reporting. Depending on the options that you choose the view names maybe slightly different.
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Druce,

When I try to regenerate view, it prompts for a message like this will make reports unusable..Will it effect my existing view settings?? I am on production server..pls suggest

Regards,
Akhil
Jacek Pliszka_2
Respected Contributor.

I think the solution from this thread should work:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=808712
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Akhil,

The database views that you generate have nothing to do with the "Views" that you see in the OVSD client application. You just have to remember to regenerate them if you change any labels or change the custom fields. And if you create any of your own views based on those views, you need to recompile your views if you regenerate the OVSD views.

By the way, the view name may include language information if you choose to generate them in that way.

-Josh